Part 172

Imperial Palace, Coruscant, June 13th 2016
Shawn had remained secluded for the past two days, he didn't say much or go anywhere except to pace around old dusty hallways away from other people, no one trusts me, he thought, no one cares and I probably don't have anyone who cares. That was until he heard a knock at the door, "hey Shawn open up" Mara said as the door made a buzz sound because Shawn had locked it. He walked over to the door and undid the lock making the door slid open, "what'd you want?" He asked somewhat unintentionally spiteful. "Shawn, you look terrible what happened?" Mara asked cupping his cheeks in her hands and had a look of concern on her face. "You won't say will you?" Shawn asked her, even though she was his girlfriend he was never entirely sure if she kept stuff from Palpatine or not.

"What? Of course I would" Mara asked with alarmed confusion on her face, Shawn sighed, "Palpatine electrocuted me with his lightning". Mara blinked in confusion, " he did?" She asked and Shawn nodded while remembering the pain of the electricity tearing through every fiber of his body. "I-I don't know what to say, he's always been good to me" Mara replied but Shawn for some reason got mad at it, "that's cause you do everything he tells you to and I don't because I know what he tells me to do is wrong" he replied with slight spite. "That's not true, yes I do as he tells me to but he doesn't electrocute me or Ro or Lumi" Mara replied then cupped his cheek again.

"He treats the guys more harsher probably" she continued, "I'll ask Vess but won't get an answer probably". "Probably only me because I'm the only one with a conscience around here!" Shawn shouted then walked back in his room but she followed. "You know that's not true" Mara said trying to calm him, "everytime I've drawn my saber on someone it haunts me for days Shawn, my parents gave me up out of fear they don't even like Palpatine, Lumiya was an orphan on Raxus then Vader scooped her up same for Ro except she didn't have an older brother be killed by Vader like Lumiya did". "We all know what we do, we're scared just like you the only one who isn't is Vess he was a Padawan who lived through Order 66 he saw the Jedi, his friends be butchered so that's why he serves the Empire now, it's out of loyalty".

Shawn was slightly relaxing now, "he put a tracker chip in my arm" he said still angered but he didn't know at what. She walked in front of him, "you're not yourself, I can feel it, the Shawn I met was this happy giddy kid who never frowned, now you just sulk around always looking angry or depressed" Mara said with concern but had a hurt look on her face,"I've been through it too Shawn being homesick-" but he cut her off. "You know your parents are alive" Shawn snapped back, "but I have to ask to get to see them" Mara said then stood in front of him. "Don't give up on yourself so easily please" then kissed him on the cheek before walking out leaving Shawn behind to contemplate what he would do now.

-------
Later he was summoned to the audience chamber but this time he wouldn't show any fear at all. The doors slid open and there sat the Emperor as several generals walked away one of them was Admiral Gollin but he didn't even notice Shawn as they all exited. "Come closer" the Emperor called out and Shawn walked up to his large desk and stood before it not showing any emotion. "I have an assignment for you Mendes, however it involves a different place on the same world you just came from" the Emperor explained, "I've felt something in the Force there, more accurately Kogo has, and it must be dealt with before this individual is contacted by the Rebels for their own treasonous purposes".

"You will go to a stronghold in the northern regions called..Winterfell, there is a cripple there who must be put out of his misery" the Emperor said while smiling sadistically, "his name, is Brandon Stark", "Now go and do this and perhaps I shall consider forgiving you for your own petty treachery". Then Shawn nodded and walked away conflicted on how he would go about this without either upsetting him or killing an innocent.