Part 130

Panaka waited at the prefabricated landing platform with Agent Kallus for an important visitor to arrive. The shuttle landed and two heavily armed stormtroopers walked off the ramp first standing on either side as the visitor stepped off, it was Grand Moff Ardus Kaine Governor of the Expansion Region. A cold opportunist Kaine had been sent to further reinforce the Empires stranglehold over Earth particularly in the North American regions where their rule was resisted most heavily, Kaine approached the two of them a serious look on his face "welcome Grand Moff Kaine" Panaka said "dispense with the pleasantries Moff Panaka we both know why I was sent here to this speck of dirt to help you dry your slimy grip on this planet and city in particular" Kaine said in a normal non clipped voice, "Agent Kallus have you stood idly by as terrorists have attacked our men destroyed our property and disturbed the peace we've been charged to keep"

"I've done much Governor Kaine but they've proven more effective than the rebel cell I encountered on Lothal" Kallus replied. "And the two of you've done a great job at that" Kaine said sardonically "seeing as Governor Tarkin is preoccupied at the present time the Emperor has sent me instead, so in other words gentlemen you'll answer to me for the time being and don't worry Moff Panaka you will still maintain your position though at my disposal" Kaine said walking into the city hall.

Panaka and Kallus looked at each other then followed "I want to speak with the city mayor find out of he's done his duty effectively" Kaine said "Moff Adelhard did that at first sir you don't think-" Kallus responded but was cut off "oh but I do Agent Kallus seeing as Adelhard did such a terrific job at that I had him sent to the Anoat sector hopefully overseeing the Bespin mining operations might still his stupidity" Kaine said.

Panaka guided him up to his office where Vader was looking out into the window at the night skyline, Panaka liked to keep his office lights dimmed so as to not leave himself vulnerable if a sniper somehow managed to get a shot at him so Vader's shined helmet reflected the lights of the skyscrapers around. Kaine was taken aback and it was evident in his expression when he was approached "Lord Vader this is an unexpected surprise" he said, "I am here at the Emperor's behalf as well Governor Kaine but not to enforce his will my assignment is different" Vader said "and what might that be my lord?" Kaine asked "to monitor the Mendes boy for any possible help he may offer the insurgents" Vader replied.

"Why? What's so important about one kid the Emperor would have you watch him" Kaine asked making Panaka and Kallus to exchange glances over Kaine's overconfidence. "You would not understand these things Governor but you'd be best to hold your tongue" Vader said back "if it comes to it I will personally kill any insurgents in my path". "Then I'll be impressed my lord but I'm afraid the Emperor grows weary of this insurgency he doesn't want to become embroiled in a guerrilla war while fighting a real one and cost more lives of solders and civilians alike" Kaine said. "I'm well aware of this Governor" Vader replied turning back to the window "and if necessary should the city rise up in total rebellion or the national government attacks the bombers on the destroyers will level this whole place" Vader said coldly.

*************
Shawn although asleep hoped Clara wouldn't throw a pebble at his window but figured she would notice when he was gone. However he did have another vision, he saw a Togruta girl about maybe seventeen talking to a human woman in a prison cell "the Jedi are not what they used to be and they're when they should be keeping the peace, one of these Jedi agreed with us" the woman said in a French sounding accent. "Who?" She said and it clicked Shawn realized it was Ahsoka though her voice sounded the same something he didn't expect. The woman sighed and sat down "if you protect me I will tell you because it's obvious I've been set up", Ahsoka walked over setting her hand on the woman's shoulder "Letta you have to tell whose behind all this", Letta looked around fear in her eyes "I-its-" then there was a loud whoosh and Letta began gasping and was lifted off the ground "Letta Letta!" But it was pointless Letta gasped then was dropped to the ground limp.