Ancient Spirit

March 28th, 2016
Shawn was still haunted by whatever that thing was and now that the weekend had shown up rest seemed more probable. But he was kept awake by what sounded like claws scratching his door a little, wake up that voice said in an echoed whisper, Shawn wanted sleep and it was getting harder everyday to hide it he looked exhausted all the time. He knew it was close, slowly he reached for his lightsaber which sat next to his phone on the nightstand, don't try it the voice said. Shawn gripped the hilt then pulled close before sitting up but saw the shadowy figure standing next to him, " who and what are you?" He demanded but though groggy adrenaline coursed through his veins. A relic of another time sent here for you it said in his head not making any visible mouth movements "what do you want?" Shawn asked his thumb on the ignition, your sanity it said. Shawn tried to grab it but the creature vanished before him, I've been the same for your other special friends your little girlfriend has been the most fun, the voice said angering Shawn.

Good give in to the dark side it is the only way to destroy your enemies and the Sith, it said laughing manically like Palpatine. Shawn was tempted but knew he'd become dangerous unpredictable even not to mention look very pale. She and the others quite the entertainment the other boy is like you hears and senses me not knowing what to make of it, tis been millennia since I've returned to the mortal world so much fun, it said and Shawn covered his ears "shut. up!" He yelled "leave me alone!",very well it said. The door opened and Aaliyah poked her head in "what're you yelling about?" She asked with a look of fear and concern, "nothing just a bad dream" Shawn replied then she walked away. His phone buzzed there was a text from Mara,

Mara: Been having bad dreams you?

Shawn: yeah me too how're u texting me though u were on Carlag?

Mara: I might've hooked the phone up to the transmitter

Shawn: do u see a shadowy clawed thing in your dreams?

Mara: yeah how'd you know

Shawn: I've seen it it told me

Mara:OMG, Ro and Lumiya've been seeing it too dunno about Jal or Maarek but Vess no clue he'd swat it like a bug

Shawn: I'll talk to em

Then he picked up his comlink and clicked it waiting for a response which might've taken awhile as Maarek was on Rodia and Jallar on Bel'demc. After about ten seconds there was a response " hello?" Maarek asked his voice seemed groggy and strained "hey man you ok?" Shawn replied trying to sound a little upbeat "not really haven't been gettin enough sleep bad dreams" Maarek replied. "You see a shadow thing whatever in them?" Shawn asked " yeah I do creepy ass thing scared me shitless" Maarek responded, "I've seen it too just try to stay awake that might help" Shawn said and Maarek sighed "gunna be kinda hard man can't fly if I keep closing my eyes every ten seconds or keep an eye out for my target", "ok good luck" Shawn said ending the transmission.

City Hall,
"Commander sweep the entire city day and night for these insurgents" Tarkin ordered to a hologram which ended, "I will say sir the Mendes boy is as difficult as Lord Vader described" Panaka noted "aw yes at the Emperor's whim, I've met him twice during Empire Day and when I assigned Thrawn to wipe out the Confederacy" Tarkin added, "and is he assisting the resistance?", "not not I am aware of sir he just seemed quite exhausted and irritable mostly after the prospect of the ISB arresting his mother came up" Panaka said.

"Hmph" Tarkin grunted "I am not concerned for his well being Panaka merely his importance to the Emperor specifically his Jedi abilities", Panaka was taken aback "I thought the Jedi were extinct sir after Order 66-" Tarkin raised his hand shushing him "the Jedi are extinct their light was extinguished long ago Mendes several others including Lord Vader are all that remains of that ancient religion". Panaka shook his head slightly in surprise "this cannot be real, if the resistance got ahold of him-", "that is the point Moff Panaka one we cannot allow to happen".