Part 151

****, the Kremlin
Riosovsky was meeting with his generals as normal for the day, "<<Admiral Ackbar is reporting his fleet will only be able to hold off the Imperials for two days Mr President>>" General Drakavichski replied, "<<ready ground defenses in case of an invasion force, prepare evacuation routes as well>>" Riosovsky said as the bell of the tower outside signaled 7 am, "<<there is one other matter Mr President, a report has arrived from Siberia>>" Drakavichski spoke up. "<<what sort of report?>>" Riosovsky inquired,"<< we have him, crashed in a pod of sorts target Ruka Boga sir>>" Drakavichski explained, a sort of relief and yet bloodlust stirred in Riosovsky, he wanted to punish Shawn for choosing the Empire over his own home but not so much in a physical way though it would be more satisfying. For what? Others would have asked, for bringing those fascists near my home and family Riosovsky would've replied in such a hypothetical conversation.

It was no secret among those who knew Viktor Riosovsky that he was a brutal dictator but that he had a soft side and loved his sons more than anything in the world and would start a war if they were in danger, that sense of protection some said made him unstable in a regard, Nikolai,Pavel and Alexi were all that held his sanity together without them the world wouldn't exist at least not radioactively. To him Riosovsky saw Shawn as a symbol of the Emperor's reach and wouldn't tolerate it any longer, but why was he so important? Another question, "<<do not kill him, at least not yet, test him see why they wanted him>>" was his response.

****** Lothal,
Jyn piloted the speeder across the rolling fields to where Ezra said he was. The terrain reminded Clara of the Midwest in somewhere like Kansas or Nebraska amber fields on small hills for miles on end, "how long you been here?" She asked Jyn, "a couple days, was looking for someone else when I found you" Jyn replied as the large radio tower came closer into view. "Ever thought of joining the Rebels?" Clara asked, "no never had it in mind" Jyn said. After a couple minutes she stopped at the base of the tower where Ezra was sitting outside, "hello there Lieutenant" Clara said sarcastically hopping out, "oh hey" Ezra said uneasily. "Um why'd you just leave me there?" Clara asked, "you try fighting that guy sometime" Ezra said standing up, "whose that?" He asked gesturing at Jyn, "a friend, thanks by the way" Clara said waving at Jyn. "I'll still be around if you need anything" Jyn said before speeding off.

"Well now that that's been taken care of come meet the others" Ezra said pushing the button that opened the door to the tower. "Uh others? I wasn't told about it" Clara replied a little confused, inside there were about twenty other resistance fighters all armed to the teeth with blasters,grenades and rocket launchers, these guys've been at it longer than we were, Clara thought. "Who is this Ezra?" An older man with a large hat asked stepping forward, "this is Clara" Ezra said gesturing at her, "you with the Alliance?" The man asked. "Yes I am, Intelligence to be accurate" Clara replied and the man looked impressed, "wow that's really impressive, my names Ryder Azadi I'm the commander of the Lothal resistance" Ryder said, "we want to try to kill Governor Pryce and the Generals if we can without them the Alliance will be able to invade easier".

"What do you want us to do?" Clara asked figuring out how this would hamper her ability to get to Jedha, "well what did you see? Are they well defended? Anyone of concern?" Ryder asked, oh just a guy with a laser sword thingy no big deal, she thought. "Yes there's one only I can really deal with" Ezra spoke up, "is it him?" Ryder asked, "no it's not Vader this time it's someone else" Ezra replied. "Maybe you should draw him out to deal with him" Ryder proposed, "there's two actually, I spotted another one, and that Tarkin guy is here too". The other fighters looked at each other uneasily now,

"We'll go after him too, I'm sure Ezra can lure out the two special fighters somehow" Ryder said, Clara knew he meant the abilities that mysterious man had, but how many others were there like him? Besides Ezra and Shawn or that Vader figure?. "But he won't be alone we received some slight reinforcement" Ryder said, a figure emerged from the shadows, it was Cham Syndulla Heras father and another a female Togruta in her thirties. "General Syndulla will help us in the attack in the city, Commander Tano will help Ezra deal with those two when they're lured away" Ryder said, Tano? Ahsoka Tano?, Clara thought. "What do you want me to do?" Clara asked, "who do you want to go with?" Ryder asked her, she wanted to stay with Ezra as they'd arrived together and didn't want to have one of those situations where one was in trouble but far off. "I'll go with them" Clara said nodding at Ezra and Ahsoka, "make sure you shoot straight and quickly to get past those blades" Cham said to her. "May the Force be with you" Ryder said.