Part 170

Imperial Palace, Coruscant, June 9th 2016
Shawn wandered around thinking of what was happening, were his parents and sister safe? Was home just ashes? Had Earth surrendered? How was Korra doing?. All the worrisome things made him think he was going crazy and the part of him having everything at his disposal yet not the authority for it made him feel helpless. He walked into the common room to find Jallar sitting on one of the couches with Roganda nearby, "Hey Jal, how you feelin'?" Shawn asked but Jallar didn't respond and stared at the floor, "the droid gave him some drug for cleaning his blood they said but that it'd make him a little loopy" Roganda replied looking up from whatever it was she was sewing.

"Whose comlink is beeping?" Jallar asked looking up and around, "Shawn answer the bloody thing please it's doin my head in". "Jal I hope that stuff wears off so your dad doesn't think you're drunk later" Mara said walking in from behind Shawn and kissing his cheek, "what? Why?" Jallar asked. " uh, he's coming here for a meeting and asked to see you" Mara explained and Jallar sighed while rubbing his head, "great, he'd be angry then" he said. "That's what I mean so you have five hours for it to wear off" Mara said walking quickly over to the window and gazing out it. Then Shawn's comlink beeped three times and he knew what it meant.

-------
The Emperor sat waiting for him as he dismissed Mas Amedda, "come, tell me of your endeavors, I trust you were respectable to Lord Vader?" The Emperor asked. "I did my best sir" Shawn replied feigning dutifulness, "and how fares the young Queen with her dragons?" The Emperor asked him while lightly tapping the armrest of his throne, "good, she's almost ready to invade" Shawn said. "Ah, I see, well then there are other matters at hand" the Emperor said while rising from his throne and walking with cane in hand from around his desk. "The matter of your loyalty" the Emperor emphasized as he came to stand a few feet in front of Shawn who knew this wasn't going to end well, "your past disobediences to my subordinates and assistance to the terrorists in your city has laid bare where your loyalties lie, and I've sensed it as well".

"With yourself and those you care about" the Emperor said and smirked a little with satisfaction, "I don't care about what happens to me as long as my family is safe" Shawn replied. The Emperor's smirk turned into a displeased frown, "and what would knowing they are dead do to that feeling of selflessness, but don't worry they are not, at least not yet" he said while walking over to the window,"You've been the most rebellious of all my servants, my property, given the need for the slave implant in your arm" the Emperor said while gesturing at Shawn and that made him feel crushed. "Slave implant?" He asked with alarm.

"Yes, it is used on slaves" the Emperor replied, "because you like the others are, mine". "And it seems you've never faced the full consequences of your actions young one, it is time you were met them in full". Shawn sensed danger was near and he backed away a little, "don't worry I won't kill you, but I will hurt you" the Emperor said before turning around quickly with his hand raised and unleashed a torrent of lightning at Shawn, the purplish blue bolts engulfed Shawn who felt like he was being stabbed all over with hit knives and hit the ground convulsing uncontrollably and screaming loudly in pain. The Emperor laughed maniacally as he continued to shock Shawn before stopping.

Shawn was in a state of shock and couldn't really move as his muscles still twitched, "the next time you show disobedience again or treasonous thoughts the punishment will be more severe" the Emperor said softly then smiled malevolently, "guards, take him away". Shawn struggled to move but the two royal guards grabbed him by the arms and dragged him out of the audience chamber and dropped him in an adjacent room where Shawn finally regained his physical movements and sat up but felt pain just as intense as the lightning all over, it was so intense it made him shed a few tears from both physical and mental pain. The Emperor relished in what he just did with a look in his eye that no man or woman would deny was nothing short of pure evil.