Part 135

Vader sat in his meditation chamber below City Hall to contact his master about Thrawn's request. A moment later Sidious's hologram appeared "ah yes Lord Vader what is it?" Palpatine asked. Vader's respirator echoed in the basement though he did not hear it "Grand Admiral Thrawn wishes Stele be sent here to monitor Mendes more closely master" Vader said, Palpatines gaze went off to the side as he thought this over "I see, inform him that while that might prove useful their friendship may obstruct that so his request will have to be refused" Palpatine said the inflection of his tone suggested his consideration of the matter momentarily. "Instead I have an alternative solution in mind my apprentice" Palpatine said. "Which is what Master?" Vader inquired, "put a tracker in his arm Governor Kaine would agree with this" Palpatine replied smiling malevolently at the prospect. "I fear Thrawn and Kaine may have many disagreements on dealing with the insurgents, He is also needed elsewhere" Vader said. "Yes,yes of course" Palpatine said " for now make sure Mendes is tracked at all times, if necessary see to it personally and that he knows it is my will".

*********
"You three move those crates into the transport!" The Imperial officer ordered, without questioning him Shawn picked up the plastic crate that must've weighed about fifty pounds and began carrying it to the nearby transport. Owing to his physical state the effort wasn't difficult though a nuisance but he couldn't say the same about Jacob or the other guy Brandon who had been assigned to their group as they almost dropped their crates. Shawn set the crate down not bating an eye to the stormtrooper inside who watched them carefully. To him this seemed strange they had droids to do their work though those remained on the destroyers with humans doing all the heavy lifting up on the surface. As Jacob got closer his right knee gave out and he fell to the ground dropping the crate "get up you slug!" The officer shouted walking over "it's too heavy sir" Jacob said catching his breath.

"We don't care you have new duties now do them!" The officer shouted drawing his baton hitting Jacob on the back and he yelped in pain. There was nothing Shawn could do but watch as his friend was hit, he clenched his fists he wanted to reach out with the Force and strangle the officer he wanted to but he knew that wouldn't have the best end. The thought startled him for a second as to why he was thinking violent ideas like that, those were thoughts someone of the dark side would think not one who secretly passed the Jedi trials. But Shawn was ignorant of these ideals he didn't know whether or not to act on emotion or reason to give into his anger or control it as both was as equally magnetic as the other. "Student come here!" A voice yelled from behind. Shawn turned around to see a high ranking ISB man evident by the six squared squares on his white tunic escorted by two stormtroopers.

Confused he gestured to himself "yes you come here" the officer said in a bored contemptuous tone. Shawn walked over to the officer as squad of troopers jogged past their marching in unison, "your last name is Mendes correct?" The officer said holding up his datapad "yes sir" Shawn replied "by the order of Lord Vader I'm to place a tracker in your arm" the officer said reaching behind himself taking a large needle out clicking it. Shawn gulped but wasn't afraid merely appearing afraid "restrain him" the officer said to the troopers who holstered their rifles in the holsters on their hips and grabbed Shawn's arms one of them grabbing his wrist holding it out. Shawn didn't bother resisting there was no point and sucked in his breath as the officer plunged the large needle into the underside of his forearm making him to visibly wince then removed it making it bleed a little bit "thank you for your cooperation" the officer said as the troopers let go of his arms following their superior.

While the physical effect did its job the mental effects were different, now Shawn knew the Empire would track him at all times now and further more by the looks of it Vader would use it as a tool to ensnare him up more. He held his arm as he heard the chime of the dismissal bell relieving the students of their duties for the day motivating the other students in the area to let out breaths of relief and begin taking long strides away from the Imperials in the area Shawn among them.