Part 175

When the shuttle was halfway to Dragonstone there was a message that came through from Vess's comlink. "Sir, you're being summoned back to the destroyer at once" The voice said, "on who's orders?" Vess asked and Shawn felt the ship incline upwards now. "The Emperor's orders sir, he said it was urgent" the voice said, "we've already arranged for a ship to retrieve the Princess as you requested". Then the transmission stopped.

——————, Avenger
Onboard the bridge Shawn saw Captain Needa talking to a hologram of Tarkin. "What was so important you summoned us back?" Vess asked Needa sternly, "apologies sir, but Governor Tarkin had to have a word with you" Needa replied. "I've been informed of this encounter with the rebels on that world Kogo and that they somehow managed to kidnap Princess Leia as well" Tarkin said, "we have, but the locations regent declared their lands a zone of neutrality and forbade us from fighting" Vess explained. "Hm, intriguing" Tarkin replied with a little disdain, "I have summoned you back here for an even greater purpose", "it appears the Separatists have landed on Felucia, and their commander is one you are familiar with I assume?" Then a hologram of Grievous appeared and he was holding an Imperial Officer by the throat. "I will deal with this at once" Vess stated and the transmission ended, "just you?" Shawn asked with slight confusion.

"You're still under suspicion Shawn, so I'm sending you back to the capital" Vess told him briskly and seriously, "besides, you aren't allowed out of my sight or anyone else's for too long, all I know is that you might try to escape, that would be stupid you'd be hunted down and dragged back to where you started, so I recommend you take this voluntarily instead of making a big fuss". Shawn simply let out a small sigh and nodded, was it punishment or humiliation? It felt like a combination of the two.

———, Imperial Palace
Once more he stood before the Emperor with nothing to offer but yet another failure. "Is the sorcerer boy dead?" The Emperor asked him intently with an expression of satisfaction too, "I-uh, well" Shawn stammered and stuttered but the look of satisfaction under that hood vanished into one of angry disappointment, "you did not succeed" the Emperor stated, "Yes, based on your tone and what I sense as well". He tapped the armrest of his throne making a ticking sound almost then raised his hand up at him, Shawn flinched a little he expected another torrent of lightning this time. Instead the Emperor merely pointed at him, "this cannot be allowed to persist, you have brought me more failures than achievements, given your talents with the Force this should not be".

The Emperor rested his hand down again and clicked a red button on his throne, "it would be wise for you to sort this out Mendes, or else I shall have no further use for you, then you'll be sent back to your family in an urn, that would not make Mara very happy either". Shawn wasn't even looking right at him now instead focusing on the window behind him just enough to where it didn't appear he was looking there. "Hm, I sense something is not right with you, perhaps you are mentally unwell" the Emperor suggested and Shawn's anger flared a little and he clenched his fist slowly, "you are not the scared boy I saw that first time, no,now you've grown into a defiant young man, with nothing but contempt for his superiors" the Emperor continued and Shawn's expression showed anger, now he looked right at him.

The Emperor smiled a little, "ah, such anger such hate, good let it empower you with the full might of the dark side young one". Shawn snapped and slammed his fist on the desk, the two royal guards adjacent to the throne raised their electrostaffs at him but the Emperor waved them off, "if I'm this way it's because you made me this way!!" Shawn yelled at him. "As was my intention" the Emperor said coldly as Shawn backed off though he was still fuming to the point his face was red, then a door on the side of the room slid open and Vader walked in slowly, his cape swirled behind him as he came to stand beside his master.