postpartum depression

*Will talks about his struggles with postpartum depression. I hope you guys enjoy this oneshot! Send suggestions! Love • Bree 🎈

Will and RJ are sitting down and getting ready to film a sit down video. "Are you ready, babe?" RJ asks Will. "I'm ready as I'll ever be." Will says as he kisses RJ.

"I love you so much. Always will." RJ says as he kisses Will again. "I love you too, babe." Will says with a grin.

"Hey guys! Welcome to today's video!" RJ says as he waves and Will waves.

"Hello! Today's video is going to be a video about me and how I am recovering and such since having Coralei. Benji isn't with us because he is at preschool right now." Will says and RJ kisses Will's cheek.

"This video is going to talk about a topic that some women or carrier men don't really talk about. And I don't know why, I think telling your story can help other carrier men and women out there that are struggling with this and that it's gonna be okay. I want to share my story because I don't see a lot of carrier men specifically talking about this on YouTube. I see a lot of women talking about it and not getting help. I know it can happen to anybody and it is treatable if you get helped." Will says and RJ nods.

"Coralei is with us, she's sitting in her bouncer. Let me go get her because she's distracting Will." RJ says and Will giggles.

"She distracts me a lot and I don't mind! Hi honey bear. Thank you for making me smile during this hard video." Will says as he kisses Coralei's cheek. RJ kisses Coralei's cheek and holds her while Will talks.

"As many of you know, I have anxiety and PTSD due to bullying and other things in my childhood. I had anxiety flare ups during my pregnancy but I did not take any medication during my pregnancy for it even though I think my doctor said I could have. I was very particular like I was careful what I was around and what I ate when I was pregnant with Coralei." Will says as RJ rubs Will's leg or support.

"So, I had Coralei in our bathroom if you didn't know that, watch her birth vlog! But anyway, everything was fine and we came home the next day. Like the first two weeks they say your hormones are wacky and you could be crying or emotional. But I was horrible. I was so mean, I was so agitated. I was just a hot ass mess. I felt so horrible for RJ because I didn't get mad at Coralei or Benji. I got mad at him." Will says as he looks at RJ and kisses him softly.

"I was noticing that Will was having like meltdowns. Like he was doubting himself a lot and he was so upset. He was angry by the end of the night and he lashed it out on me and I didn't argue back because I didn't understand why Will was so angry. Plus, Will and I try not to argue or yell because that triggers Benji's PTSD. But, I felt helpless because Will thought he was the worst dad in the world and I think he is the most extraordinary dad ever and I love him." RJ says as he kisses Will again.

"I remember one night I locked myself in the bathroom to calm down and to try to get myself together. And I could hear RJ getting Benji to bed and reading him his bedtime story. And I was crying because I felt so bad that I couldn't get my shit together to put my child to bed. So RJ comes in and just holds me while I was having a meltdown basically. He just kept telling me it's okay, everything is going to be okay." Will says as he holds RJ's hand.

"Will was a mess that night. This was a little after two weeks since Coralei was born. I said babe, I think you need to go to the doctors because you aren't taking care of yourself and this is taking a toll on you. There has to be a reason why you are acting like this because you weren't acting like this before or during the pregnancy." RJ says and Will nods.

"I wasn't. I was taking care of Coralei and nobody else. I felt so bad for Benji because he knew I was acting different and he kept asking me are you okay Daddy? Are you okay? I love you so much Daddy and I just lost it every time he asked me." Will said as he wipes his tears with his tissues. RJ rubs Will's back for support.

"I called my doctor who is amazing, I love her so so much! She took very good care of me when I was pregnant and made sure everything was fine with my aneurysm and my lung because my lung has collapsed before. So I called her the next day and she wanted to see me right away. Shoutout to Joey and Daniel for watching Benji for us that day, Benji loves hanging out with all of their kids and their dogs." Will says as Coralei burps.

"Piggy!" RJ says and Will laughs.

"Anyway, so I went to the doctor's office. RJ, Coralei and I went. The doctor said I was healing fine and Coralei was growing right on track. So then, my doctor asked me what was going on and I explained my symptoms. My symptoms were that I couldn't sleep, I was constantly up checking both of the kids and making sure they were okay. I haven't ate much and I have lost a lot of weight since having Coralei. The meltdowns I was having and crying spells. But I haven't had any trouble bonding with Benji or Coralei, I know that can be a symptom but I am so happy I didn't have that issue." Will says as he smiles at Coralei, who is looking at him.

"I remember the doctor patting Will's shoulder and saying how brave Will was for getting help because a lot of women and carrier men don't even tell the doctor what is happening half of the time." RJ says and Will nods.

"So the doctor diagnosed me with postpartum depression. I was terrified because I heard a lot of scary stories and just bad things in general about it. But the doctor reassured me that the bad things are associated with people not getting the correct help. So my doctor gave me medicine to take and it takes a while to feel back to myself." Will says as Coralei pulls on RJ's chest hair.

"Ow, Coralei! I don't know why she loves to mess with my chest hair." RJ says and Will giggles. "Well, I like playing with your chest hair too." Will says with a smirk.

"Once his hormones get back to normal and his body is back to pre-pregnancy. And then you can stop the medicine right?" RJ asks and Will nods.

"Yeah, and it just depends on how I feel too. So I don't know how long I will be on it. But, I feel really good now. The medicine is helping a ton. I am so much happier, and I am so glad I got help." Will says as he kisses Coralei's cheek.

"I don't think I would have made it through this crisis I guess you would call it, without RJ's support. I love you so much." Will says as RJ kisses him twice.

"I love you too, babe. And spouses need to look for the signs, it can help your wife or husband. Will and I will leave links below of sites and places to read up on postpartum depression." RJ says.

"I would do this all over again a thousand times to have Coralei in our lives. She is piece our family needed." Will says as he smiles at Coralei.

"Coralei loves to look around." RJ says as he turns around and shows Coralei with her head up and looking around.

"Her eyes are so brown, I love it." Will says and RJ smiles. "If you guys have any questions just tweet us or leave a comment down below." RJ says happily. Will picks up Coralei and kisses her cheek again.

"See you guys in our next vlog! Bye guys!" Will says as he and RJ wave before turning the camera off.