benji's nightmare

*I know I have been writing about Benji a lot, but he's the oldest and can talk the most Haha. Thank you to ClickBoomTurtles  for suggesting this! Send suggestions on what you wanna see! I hope you enjoy! Love • Bree 💙

Will is feeding Theodore before going to bed. RJ is laying down reading things on Tumblr and answering fan questions.

"You were hungry, weren't you bud?" Will whispers to Theodore who looking at up at him.

"He is wide awake." RJ says as he giggles. RJ places a kiss softly on Theodore's head.

"He will fall asleep when he's done nursing." Will says as he rubs Theodore's head.

RJ checks out Coralei's baby monitor to make sure she is asleep and she is.

"Look how she's sleeping." RJ says, showing Will the baby monitor. RJ and Will both giggle.

"She's silly. At least she is sleeping good." Will says as he kisses RJ.

Theodore finishes feeding and unlatches himself from Will.

"Good boy. Are you done?" Will asks softly, and Theodore rubs his eyes.

"Aw, sleepy boy." RJ says and Will begins to burp Theodore.

Theodore gives a burp and yawns. Will smiles as Theodore gets tired.

"He's a good baby so far." RJ says as he kisses Theodore's cheek and Will smiles.

"I think we were lucky with having two good babies. Coralei and Theodore are good. I often wonder if Benji was a good baby." Will asks RJ.

"I think he was the best he could be with the life he had to live." RJ says as Theodore falls asleep.

"Goodnight, Teddy." Will says kissing Theodore's cheek. Will slowly gets out of bed and places Theodore in his bassinet.

Will lays back in bed and cuddles with RJ. "I love you." RJ says softly.

"I love you too. Wanna watch something?" Will asks RJ.

"Sure, babe." RJ says as he grabs his iPad and puts on a show.

Meanwhile, Benji is having a horrific nightmare. It's always the same nightmare. His nightmare is him being stuck in a burning building and he can't get out.

Benji wakes up from the horrific nightmare and is breathing very fast. Benji begins to cry as he holds his Dumbo tightly.

Benji grabs his favorite blanket, Dumbo and walks slowly over to Will and RJ's bedroom.

Benji feels bad when he wakes his parents up. He feels like he is a big boy and shouldn't have nightmares. This is a constant struggle in his mind.

Benji slowly opens the door and peaks his head in. Will is cuddled up next to RJ.

Will notices the bedroom door is open and sees Benji standing there. Benji is wrapped around his blanket.

"Hey, bubba. What's wrong?" Will asks as he sits up in the bed. RJ sits up as well.

Benji begins to cry as he walks over to RJ and Will's bed.

"What's wrong? Bud? Come here." RJ says as Benji climbs into the bed.

Benji begins to have a break down. Will and RJ realize why is Benji is upset. It's another PTSD nightmare.

"Shhh, shhh, it's okay. It's okay." Will says as Benji crawls into Will's lap.

RJ rubs circles into Benji's back. "It's okay, buddy. It's okay. Talk to Daddy and I. Tell us what happened." RJ says softly to Benji.

"I had a scary dream! There was a fire! And and I was alone! And I couldn't get out! I was gonna burn!" Benji says as he hyperventilates a little.

"Bubba. Bubba. Take deep breaths. Deep breaths. Watch me." Will says as he takes slow deep breaths. Benji follows Will and takes deep breaths.

"Good boy. Good boy. Here, take a drink of water." RJ says as Benji takes a few sips of water.

Benji sniffles and cries again. "Aw buddy. I wish I could make you feel better." Will says as he puts Benji in his lap again.

"I'm a bad boy." Benji muffles in Will's chest.

"What?" RJ asks Benji. "I'm a bad boy." Benji says in a whisper.

"You aren't a bad boy, Benji. You are never a bad boy." Will says as he frowns at RJ.

"I am! Because I'm crying and I might wake up baby Teddy." Benji says as he sniffles.

"Benji, it's okay to cry. Okay? It's okay to get your feelings out. Don't ever think crying is a bad thing. You aren't a bad boy, you had a nightmare and it happens. You can always come into Daddy and I's bedroom. Always." RJ says as he rubs Benji's back.

"I don't you want to ever feel like you can't talk to Papi and I. You can talk to us anytime. I don't care if it's three am, ten pm, whatever time, you can come in here and be with Papi and I. And baby Theodore is fine, he can sleep through anything. See, he's sleeping now. You aren't going to wake him up." Will says as Benji looks at his sleeping baby brother.

Benji sniffles as he hugs his Dumbo. Will and RJ kiss Benji's cheeks.

"Daddy? Papi? I love you." Benji says.

"I love you too, buddy. You are the best." RJ says as he plays Benji's hair. 

"I love you too. Do you want to watch a cartoon before bed?" Will asks Benji.

"Yes, please!" Benji says and RJ hands Will the iPad.

"Which show, bud?" Will asks and Benji picks Paw Patrol.

Benji begins to watch Paw Patrol and falls asleep ten minutes later.  

"Babe, here." Will says handing RJ the iPad.

"Do you wanna watch something, still?" RJ asks Will as he fixes the blanket.

"Sure, nothing scary though so Benji doesn't wake up." Will says.

RJ kisses Will softly and covers up Benji. Benji is holding onto his Dumbo and is leaning on Will.

"I hope he doesn't wake up again. Poor bud. It breaks my heart so much that he thinks he is gonna burn alive." Will says as he frowns.

"I know. Poor baby boy. He is passed out now." RJ says and Will giggles.

Will rubs Benji's head and smiles.

Will and RJ watch tv and fall asleep in each other's arms. Benji didn't have another nightmare that night :)