i miss mommy

*A classmate of Benji's asks him about his mom and makes him upset. Hope you enjoy! Send suggestions! Love • Bree 💖

Today, Benji's kindergarten class are making crafts for Mother's Day! Benji is making a craft for Will, Will's mom, Will's grandma and RJ's mom.

Benji is currently working on Will's grandma Janice's Mother's Day present. He is making her a flower picture with his fingers in the paint.

Ensley walks over to Benji and sits next to him. She begins to use the paint as well.

"Who's are you making this pretty picture for?" Ensley asks Benji as she begins to paint her picture.

"My Grandma Janice! I already made my Mima, Nana and Daddy something for Mother's Day!" Benji says happily as he begins to make another flower.

Ensley knows Benji is adopted, since he told the class at the beginning of the school year. However, she doesn't remember that Benji's mom has passed away.

"Are you going to make something for your mommy, Benji?" Ensley asks Benji.

Benji looks down at his flower picture he is painting slowly and begins to cry. He really does miss his mom and he knows a lot of his classmates have moms. However, he loves his Daddy and Papi.

Ensley looks at Benji with concern and is really confused.

Mrs. Fowler walks over and sees Benji crying.

"What's wrong, Benji? Are you okay?" Mrs. Fowler says as she sits down next to Benji and rubs his back.

Benji continues to cry and Mrs. Fowler doesn't know what to do or say.

"What happened, Ensley? Do you know why Benji is crying?" Mrs. Fowler asks Ensley.

"I asked him if he was making something for his mommy for Mother's day and he got really upset! I didn't mean to make him cry!" Ensley says with a frown.

"Aww. Ensley. Benji's Mommy is in heaven. She isn't here anymore, she's an angel. That was a thoughtful question though." Mrs. Fowler says.

"I'm sorry, Benji." Ensley says with a big frown. 

"It's okay." Benji whispers softly.

Mrs. Fowler continues to rub Benji's back and helps him calm down.

Mrs. Fowler helps Benji work on his other project.

*****
Will is laying down on the couch. He has a stomach bug and hasn't felt well the past few days. Theodore is doing tummy time on the floor and Coralei is watching Peppa Pig.

"Hi, guys! Good afternoon. I am just hanging out with these two cuties! They both just woke up from their naps. RJ is doing work upstairs and is going to get Benji from school. Coralei, do you wanna say hi?" Will asks Coralei.

"Hi! Peppa Pig!" Coralei says as she smiles.

"Yeah! Peppa Pig is on! She loves this show even though I think it's a little weird." Will says as he films Theodore doing tummy time.

"This boy is getting so strong, aren't you? Let me put you in your swing to relax." Will says as he puts Theodore in his swing.