benji's book

*Benji writes his story of his life for a school project! Send suggestions! Love • Bree 😘

"RJ and I want to show you guys what Benji did in school! His class had this as their first project. They had to write about their life so far. RJ and I helped him with the details but Benji wrote this all on his own." Will says and RJ nods.

"He sure did. I mean this book looks like an eight year old wrote it instead of a five year old. His teacher was shocked on how well this was written. His teacher knows he's adopted and she told us that Benji didn't have to write about that if he didn't want to." RJ says.

"We asked Benji for his permission to read this and he said yes. So the title is, my life by Benjamin Shepherd-Aguiar." Will says as he holds the book up.

The book cover is a picture of Will, RJ, Benji, Coralei, Dobby and Theodore.

"He picked our favorite family picture for the cover. So cute." Will says with a smile.

"I love that they did this. All the kids wrote their stories and they put them around the classroom. All of them were so cute." RJ says.

"So let's get started! Please be mindful that a five year old wrote this and this is his view. He didn't write all the details and that's okay!" Will says and RJ nods.

Will opens the book and begin to read.

"Hello! My name is Benjamin Elliot Shepherd-Aguiar! My nickname is Benji. I was born in California. My birthday is November 21st." Will reads holding up the page.

*Picture of Benji now*

"When I was born, I was very little. I was 5 pounds, 7 ounces and 20 inches long." RJ reads

*Picture of Benji as a newborn*

"I had to stay in the hospital to grow a little more. The nurses fed me and took care of me and I became a big baby." Will reads, holding up the book and smiling.

*Picture of Benji being fed by a nurse*

"My mommy and dad loved me so much, but they made bad choices." RJ reads holding up the page. He covers up Benji's moms face so you can't see her.

*Picture of Benji and his mom*

"When I was a baby, my house caught on fire. My mommy and dad died, but I made it. I have burn scars on my back and legs because of it." Will reads as he holds the book up.

*Picture of Benji in the hospital with his legs covered with white bandages* 

"I was in the hospital for two months healing my skin. I met a few superheroes and I met my foster care worker, Ms. Carrie. She helped me get adopted!" RJ reads.

*Picture of Benji and Ms. Carrie*

"Ms. Carrie looked all over for the best parents for me. I lived with a lot of kids. Babies, big kids and little kids." Will reads.

*Picture of Benji with all his friends in foster care*

"And then, Ms. Carrie found me a family! She found my Daddy and Papi. I would go over their house and they would come to my house. I felt very happy." RJ reads happily.

*Picture of Carrie and Benji with Will and RJ*

"I was adopted when I was three years old. I was happy to have a family. When I came home, I met my dog. His name is Dobby. He shakes and has to take medicine. I was scared of dogs at first, but now I love dogs!" Will reads

*Picture of Benji and Dobby meeting for the first time*

"My Daddy and Papi met at school and fell in love. They film videos for their fans on YouTube." RJ reads with a smile.

*Picture of RJ vlogging with Benji*

"Daddy and Papi are gay and it's so cool. Daddy loves to play video games with me and Papi loves to hike with me!" Will reads as he laughs.

*Picture of Will and Benji*

*Picture of RJ and Benji* 

"I met my family a few weeks later! They all live in Florida. I have two uncles, Logan and Ryan. Logan is Daddy's big brother and Ryan is Papi's little brother. Logan is smart and Ryan is fun." RJ reads.

*Picture of Logan and Benji*

*Picture of Ryan and Benji*

"I have two sets of grandparents. They all live in Florida too. Nana and Pop are Daddy's parents. Pop loves to throw me up in and air and tickle me. Nana loves to do art with me." Will reads as he laughs. 

*Picture of Benji with Hank and Karen*

"Mima and Pipo are Papi's parents. They are from Cuba. Pipo helps me learn Spanish and Mima makes yummy Cuban food." RJ reads holding up the page.

*Picture of Benji with Martha and Ricardo*

"I also have a great grandma! She makes me soft blankets and she loves to hold me." Will reads.

*Picture of Benji and Janice*

"A few months later, Daddy and Papi said I was going to be a big brother! I was a very happy." RJ reads

*Picture of Benji holding an ultrasound picture of Coralei*

"A few months later, I got a baby sister! She grew in Daddy's tummy and was born on the bathroom floor. Her name is Coralei." Will reads as he face palms.

*Picture of Benji and Coralei. Coralei was a baby*

"Coralei is a girly girl and loves to wear pink. She is cute and I love her." RJ reads as he laughs.

*Picture of Coralei and Benji today*

"Daddy and Papi told me when Coralei was a big baby that another baby was coming! I was excited to have another sibling come!" Will reads proudly.

*Picture of Benji and Coralei holding an ultrasound picture of Theodore*

"My baby brother was born in February! He was born at home too. His name is Theodore! He's cute and he loves to sleep." RJ reads with a grin.

*Picture of Benji and Theodore*

"I love my family and I am so proud to be adopted! Thank you for reading my book!" Will reads as he holds the last page up.

*Picture of Benji, Coralei, Theodore and Dobby*

"Wasn't that cute? He did this all by himself for the most part." Will says.

"He did and he wrote his story and Will and I are so proud of him. Benji's teacher loved his story because she was adopted too." RJ says.

"We are definitely keeping this book for him when he's older. We hope you guys enjoy Benji's story!" Will says as he kisses RJ.

"We will see you guys next time! Bye!" RJ says as he and Will wave and then the camera off.