mother's day

*Will and RJ have split in real life but I will continue this book as best as I can until 200 chapters. It feels what's best for the book and to have final closure. This book will not be deleted either. The kids meeting Harlow will be after this, I wanted something for Mother's Day. #throwback to when Benji went to visit his mom's grave for the first time. Harlow isn't born or conceived yet. Send suggestions! Love • Bree 💚*

Will is filming himself sitting on the couch waiting for Benji to get ready upstairs. RJ has taken Coralei and Theodore out to run a few errands.

"Hi, guys! How are you guys doing? I hope all of you are well! I am just hanging out with Benji today, spending one on one time with him. RJ is running errands with Coralei and Theodore which is so cute. Coralei loves spending time with her Papi, she's a Papi's girl that's for sure." Will says as he fixes his glasses.

"Benji is going to visit his mom's grave today since Mother's Day is coming up. He has been wanting to go for a few months now, but RJ and I wanted to make sure he was ready. This is a big step. When you adopt a child, a lot of children struggle with self identity because they are different then you are biologically. Benji hasn't had any struggles, thank goodness but he always talks about his mom. He loves his mom dearly and we encourage him to talk about her because that's his mom and we can't act like she didn't exist." Will says as Dobby sits on the couch next to him.

"Benji has been asking a lot of questions lately and I feel so bad that we can't give him all the answers. Benji's caseworker gave us details about where his mom's grave is located when we adopted him because she knew he would wanna see her grave someday. RJ is going to stay home with Coralei and Theodore, they are too little to understand death and I want Benji to just go on his own and process it alone." Will says as he let's Dobby outside to pee.

"Benji fully understands that his mom is an angel in heaven and he knows that he won't see her in person today. We wanted to make sure he fully understood that because I would hate for him to think that he will see her in person again, you know? But he's never been to a cemetery before so I'm hoping he doesn't struggle with that. Are you done Dobby? You are a good boy." Will says as he pets Dobby happily.

"Daddy! Can you help me with my hair?" Benji says as he walks near the screen door.

"Of course! I'm coming, bub." Will says as he and Dobby walk inside.

Will and Benji walk into the half bathroom downstairs and Will begins to style Benji's hair.

*Benji's outfit*

*Benji's outfit*

"Where's Cora, Teddy and Papi?" Benji asks Will as Will styles his hair.

"Papi took Coralei and Theodore out to run a few errands. It's just gonna be us today." Will says as he kisses Benji's cheek making him giggle.

"Look how curly bubba's hair is! It's so cute, I'm obsessed with it!" Will says as Benji smiles.

****
Will films Benji in the back seat of the car and Benji waves happily at the camera. They have made it to the cemetery.