first dr. appointment

*First doctor's appointment for baby #3! I hope you enjoy and excited! Send suggestions! Love • Bree 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

Will, RJ and Coralei are at the doctor's office!
Will is almost ten weeks pregnant. The doctor, Dr. Riley has been very busy and hasn't had time to see him but finally she can.

The nurse has done blood work, checking his blood pressure, and weight. Will is laying on the table waiting to get the first ultrasound of the baby.

"We are at the doctor's office now. Will is just laying on the table waiting to get an ultrasound done. Coralei is playing in her stroller. Hi, future big sister!" RJ says as Coralei babbles at RJ.

"I'm so nervous." Will says as he covers his face with his hands.

"Don't worry, babe. Everything will be okay. I promise." RJ says as he holds Will's hand and kisses it. Coralei babbles as she tries to get out of her stroller.

"Don't try to get out of your stroller, honey bear." Will says as he smiles at Coralei.

A few seconds later, the nurse knocks on the door. "Come in." Will says as the nurse walks in with a clip board. The nurse sets down the clipboard and grabs the gel for the ultrasound.

"Hello! My name is Kayleigh and I will be doing your ultrasound today! All your vitals are great! And congratulations on the new little one. Do you know how far along you might be?" Kayleigh asks Will.

"I'm about ten weeks. Dr. Riley has been busy and hasn't been able to see me." Will says as he squeezes RJ's hand.

"Okay, I don't have to do the other type ultrasound then. I am going to do an ultrasound to see your new little one. The gel might be cold." Kayleigh says as she puts blue gel on Will's stomach.

Will begins to squeeze RJ's hand tightly. Kayleigh turns on the ultrasound machine and begins the ultrasound. Kayleigh smiles as she sees the small baby wiggling around.

"There's your little baby! It's wiggling around." Kayleigh says as Will sighs a huge sigh of relief. The baby is perfect.

"Aw, look how cute the baby looks! It doesn't look like an alien." RJ says with a chuckle. Kayleigh also giggles.

"At this stage the baby begins to look like a baby then a little bean. The baby is measuring right as you said, ten weeks. Would you like to hear the heart beat? You can see the heart flickering there." Kayleigh says as she points the heart at on the screen.

"Totally! RJ, can you record it?" Will asks and RJ happily nods. RJ grabs the vlog camera and films the baby moving around on the screen. Kayleigh turns the heart beat on. Will and RJ smile as they hear their baby's heart beat for the very first time.

"Healthy heart beat! 168 beats per minute, which is great for this stage

"Healthy heart beat! 168 beats per minute, which is great for this stage. The older the baby gets the slower the heart rate gets." Kayleigh says as she does a few measurements on the baby for Dr. Riley.

"Your baby looks very healthy, Mr. Shepherd! Congratulations! The due date is February 28th." Kayleigh says as she writes all the measurements down.

"Would you guys want some pictures of the baby?" Kayleigh asks Will and RJ. "Yes please." Will says with a big smile.

Kayleigh takes a few pictures of the baby and prints them out for Will and RJ. Kayleigh then cleans off Will's stomach off.

"Dr. Riley will be in here shortly Congratulations guys!" Kayleigh says with a big smile.

"Thank you so much!" RJ says. "Thank you!" Will says. "My pleasure!" Kayleigh says as she leaves the room.

"The baby is so cute guys!" Will says as he smiles. "I know, the baby looks like a baby at this stage! The baby was wiggling around and doing flips." RJ says as he chuckles.

"The baby is growing right on track. My due date is February 28th. I am just so relieved." Will says as he kisses RJ.

A few minutes later, Dr. Riley walks into the room. Dr. Riley waves at Coralei and shakes RJ and Will's hands.

"Congratulations on the new little one! Coralei and this baby will be close in age! My boys are the same age gap." Dr. Riley says as she looks over the ultrasound results and Will's vitals.

"We didn't think I would get pregnant this fast!" Will says with a chuckle. "Sometimes once you have a child you can become very fertile." Dr. Riley says with a smile.

Dr. Riley, Will and RJ talk about Will's symptoms, the baby and other things. Will and baby are both healthy.

"I know you are only ten weeks, but have you thought about a birth plan yet?" Dr. Riley asks Will and RJ.

"Ever since I had Coralei, I thought about having a home birth with a midwife if we had another child. Like a water birth." Will says and RJ nods.

"I had an home water birth as well and they are amazing! My friend Hailey is an incredible midwife! She delivered my second son. She focuses on carrier men now." Dr. Riley says.

"I think I might do that. So how will that work?" Will asks Dr. Riley.

"You will see the both of us. She works with me and the other doctors in this practice. Since you are a carrier you still need to do more ultrasounds and tests to make sure the baby and yourself are doing well. Instead of me delivering the baby, she will. And then I will do the after care, unless you need a c-section or need to deliver at the hospital." Dr. Riley says.

"Sounds good!" RJ says as he holds a bored Coralei. "It does sound good. I'm happy about everything." Will says and Dr. Riley smiles.

"I'm glad! You are glowing! Water births are very relaxing. Hailey will take great care of you and the baby." Dr. Riley says with a big smile.

"Thank you! I don't feel really sick like I did with Coralei, but I have normal morning sickness." Will says.

"She has gotten so big. She is beautiful." Dr. Riley says. "Thank you!" RJ and Will say in unison.

"I'll call Hailey for you and she will call you to set up an appointment to meet with her. And then during your twelve week appointment we can all talk about everything together. See you guys in two weeks!" Dr. Riley says as she shakes Will and RJ's hands before leaving.

Will, RJ and Coralei leave the appointment and get into the car. "Appointment went super well! You guys won't see this video for another few weeks, but our baby is perfect!" Will says as RJ smiles.

"Baby Shepherd-Aguiar is perfect guys!" RJ says as he kisses Will. "We will see you guys soon!" Will says as he waves before ending the video.