530 - Pierre Gasly

Requested by Jett_Joan

Taglist
Mandolin016 patka_1311

530: "You don't need to leave your job just so we can be together. We can act professional during race weekends." 

You clapped your hands tightly over your mouth to contain your screams of excitement as your boyfriend, Pierre crossed the line in first place to win the race of the 2020 Italian Grand Prix. Once removing your hands, an enormous smile spread across your lips from ear to ear as you took a deep breath in an attempt to pull yourself together, knowing that as his race engineer, you would have to congratulate him over his team radio, which would be broadcast to millions of fans all over the world.

"PIERRE GASLY, YOU DID IT! YOU'RE A FORMULA 1 RACE WINNER! YOU'VE GOT NO IDEA HOW PROUD OF YOU I AM!" You exclaimed with euphoria, the affection in your voice being clear.

"And you've got no idea how much I love you, how I wouldn't be able to have done that without you being my biggest supporter, baby!" Pierre replied with elation, his loving words causing your heart to melt, but at the same time, your cheeks flushed scarlet because of how professional you always acted in the paddock.

Pierre then went on to thank the team for all of their hard work, but as he did, you couldn't help but feel slightly uncomfortable, the thought of millions of people being able to whiteness the love which you had for Pierre and potentially judge you for it making you feel uneasy. This feeling continued once yourself along with the rest of Alpha Tauri had rushed out to parc ferme, Pierre rushing to remove his helmet and capturing your lips in a passionate kiss once he had reached you, something which he never usually did. You may have deepened the kiss, it may have also been what you wanted, but once your lips had parted, Pierre instantly knew that something was wrong with you, that you just weren't yourself. As concerned as he felt, it was pushed to the back of his mind during the podium ceremony because of how gleeful he was not only because he had won his first race in F1, but also because he had won the team's home Grand Prix. However, it was once the champagne had been sprayed and he was making his way back over to you that he was immediately reminded, his heart sinking at the sight of you having to force your smile to spread a lot wider across your lips than it wanted to. Without saying a word, without wanting to attract attention, Pierre wrapped an arm around your shoulders as he lead you through his garage, into the paddock and over to his motorhome, Pierre not speaking until he had closed the door behind you both.

"I really need you to be honest with me here, Y/N regardless of whether it's going to ruin my mood or not, but is something bothering you?" Pierre asked you with concern, taking both of your hands in yours once you had sat on his sofa and turned your bodies to face each other. "Please just speak your mind, whatever may be on it."

"I don't think I can do this anymore. As much as I love being your engineer, I don't think I can handle the attention that brings with everyone knowing we're together," you admitted truthfully, lowering your head in shame because you were convinced that Pierre wouldn't understand, not realising that he did more than you would ever know. "I've been thinking about this for a while now and the thought of everyone judging us for showing affection in public has made me decide that I'm going to leave the team, if not the sport and just get a much more low key engineering job."

Pierre's mouth hung slightly agape because those words certainly wasn't what he was expecting, Pierre thinking that they came out of the blue because you had always been too nervous to voice these concerns to him before. His heart broke at the thought of the spotlight making you think like that, especially because of not only how much he loved working alongside you, but also because of how much he knew how much you loved the sport, that it had always been your entire life.

"You don't need to leave your job just so we can be together. We can act professional during race weekends," Pierre replied, his tone practically begging you to stay as he clutched onto your hands. "I'm so sorry about how I kissed you in parc ferme because that's what pushed you over the edge, isn't it? Would it make you feel better if we didn't act like a couple during race weekends? Maybe even avoid each other slightly so the cameras wouldn't see us together?"

Pierre's suggestion made you fill with guilt because you knew how much he would hate that, but would still be willing to do it for you if it made you happy. It was because of this that you remained silent for a few moments as you contemplated your response.

"Of course I don't want to keep my distance from you, but you really wouldn't mind if we didn't show affection in the paddock?" You asked hesitantly, hating that you felt as though you had no other choice but to agree to this.

"Of course i wouldn't. I just want you to be happy," replied Pierre warmly as he leant forward to press a gentle peck to your lips.

He rushed to pull away, remembering that you were still at work, but because of the privacy which his motorhome provided you with, you didn't hesitate to continue the kiss, deepening it as you did.

"Thank you so much for being so understanding," you replied gratefully as a broad smile spread across your lips once they had detached from Pierre's.

"There's no need to thank me. How about we stay in here away from the cameras for a few minutes before my first interview and enjoy my win together?" Pierre suggested lovingly as he leant back on the sofa, wrapping an arm around your shoulders and pulling your head down onto his chest.

There was no one who Pierre wanted to celebrate his win with more than you, there being nothing which either of you wanted more than to remain snugged up in your private celebration forever, but when you did have to leave his motorhome, you both left with broad smiles on your faces at the though of how you would feel a lot more comfortable around the paddock going forward.