609 - Dennis Hauger

Requested by Naylay34

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife jadnhossler925

609: The reader knows nothing about racing and the driver tries to teach her about it.

It would be expected that you would be overflowing with curiosity when attending a race weekend with your boyfriend, Dennis for the first time, however, whilst standing in the back of the Prema garage, you couldn't help yourself but to be disengaged from what was going on around you, you drifting off in a deep daydream and not paying attention to anything in particular since before meeting Dennis, you had never so much as ever thought about watching racing, it not being something which interested you, but it being something which you knew you had to get into.

"Are you alright? Is something wrong?" Dennis asked you with worry, rushing over to you after getting out of his car. "I know it was only just practice, but you seen very bored."

"I am a bit to be honest, but mostly confused. I'm overhearing conversations whilst having no idea what anyone's going on about," you admitted shyly, you being ashamed to admit just how little you knew about Dennis' greatest passion. "I feel bad about not knowing anything because I want to be able to fully support you, so how about you teach me about it?"

Dennis' eyes lit up at the sound of your question, a broad smile spreading across his lips from ear to ear as he didn't hesitate to take one of your hands in his, dragging you out the back of his garage with excitement, rushing you out into the paddock before any of his team members would be able to stop him and begin to discuss practice with him. Once you had entered his motorhome, Dennis eagerly lead you over to his sof, the two of you quickly sitting down before Dennis immediately entered a cheerful ramble about the thing he loved the most.

"So, where do I start? There's so much to talk about," Dennis began joyfully. "So, I know you need the very basics explaining to you and we'll get onto F1 later, but as for F2, it's a twenty-two car grid, two drivers per team, who all drive cars of equal performance."

"So then how come do Prema always do so well?" You asked Dennis curiously since he had previously told you how successful his team tends to be.

"Well, that's because we've got the best strategists and engineers. The success of the junior teams largely depends on their members. The effort of every single team member contributes towards our team's successes," Dennis explained with pride. "Jhm, what to talk about next? The weekend format! So, we have a practice session, a qualifying session as well as two races, the feature on a Sunday being a little longer than the Sprint on a Saturday, the feature also including a pit stop..."

Dennis continued to explain F2 to you for a long while and because of how new to it, it make have taken you a while to understand things, such as you needing the format to be repeated to you several times, but because of Dennis, you were genuinely finding motorsport interesting for once and the Norwegian managing to convince you to start to follow F1 as well as watching the races which he would be competing in himself.

Racing was all the two of you spoke about that night, Dennis spending every free second he had for the rest of the day with you, your conversation continuing until you were ready to go to bed that night. When the two of you were scrolling through your phones to relax, you even decided to watch some videos on the F1 YouTube channel and read some articles about it, you being amazed at how one man had managed to make you going from being bored at the thought of motorsport to loving it in less than a day.

The following day, you were even given several opportunities to show off your new knowledge, you speaking confidently with pride and unintentionally making some members of the Prema team believe that you had been following motorsport for years. Rather than going to race weeekends just to support Dennis, you also went to every single one of his race weekends after this particular one for your own entertainment, you being amazed at how Dennis had lead to you soon discovering your greatest passion which you never imagined you would ever share with someone.