592 - Lewis Hamilton

Requested by Jett_Joan

Taglist
patka_1311

592: "I expected to do this young driver test to impress F1 teams, but turns out I've impressed my favourite driver."

You couldn't remember a time when you were as overjoyed as you were on this particular day, that being the day when you would take part in the Abu Dhabi young drivers' test for Mercedes, whose driver academy you were part of. You walked into the Mercedes garage with a spring in your step as well as an enormous smile spread across your lips from ear to ear since you were getting your first opportunity to drive in an F1 car, and not just in any F1 car, but in the car of the team which you hoped you would be winning championships with someday.

"I know you're going to do us proud today, Y/N. I know you're going to amaze everyone with putting in some mega lap times," your engineer said encouragingly over your radio once you had gotten into your helmet and balaclava and were comfortable in the cockpit.

His words caused your mood to somehow improve even further as you made your way out of the garage and crept down the pitlane and it was as you did, that you had no idea who had just entered the garage and was watching you with extreme concentration, that being your favourite F1 driver of all time and the man who you considered to be your hero, Lewis Hamilton.

During your first few laps, you may have been getting up to speed as expected, you may have needed time to get used to the car whilst you were feeling the most cautious about the rear end sliding and forcing you into a spin, but you were putting in competitive lap times faster than anyone was expecting, your time being significantly faster than anyone else's before you knew it. The Mercedes garage erupted into thunderous applause each and every single time you would put in a faster time, but no one's cheering was louder than Lewis', a broad smile being spread across his lips as he watched you, Lewis having no doubts in his mind that you were one of the brightest stars of the future as he did.

The infectious euphoria of the team immediately spread to you once the session was over, as soon as you were being pushed back into the garage. Their whooping and cheering was the only thing which filled your ears, causing you to rush to your feet and jump out of your car to the ground. Whilst you were in mid air, you felt a pair of strong arms wrapping tightly around you, Lewis holding you closely to him as he secured you down onto the ground.

"You did so well out thee, Y/N!" Lewis exclaimed gleefully, holding you at arms length after your tight embrace had lingered for a few moments, before he lowered his voice as he leant into your ear. "They're all supper proud of you, but none more than I am."

Without saying another word, Lewis walked away from you, joining the conversation of a circle of team members, but it was as you were watching after him whilst he was making his way over to them that your heart skipped a beat as you had to use all of your focus to suppress a dreamy smile from spreading across your lips. You may have been telling yourself that his words were nothing less than professional, but you couldn't help but wish otherwise as you thought about how attractive you had always found him, not only because of his talent, but also because of how he was pushing more more equality and diversity in the sport.

"Y/N, you alright?" You suddenly heard a friendly voice ask with curiosity, causing you to be torn out of your deep trance. "I think you were fangirling a bit there."

Your body jolted at the sound of George's chuckles of amusement, your cheeks flushing scarlet as you lowered your head with shame.

"Can you blame me?" You asked shyly, the words barely escaping your lips as you became further embarrassed. "I expected to do this young driver test to impress F1 teams, but turns out I've impressed my favourite driver."

Unbeknown to you at the time, the sound of those words drew Lewis' attention straight back to you, it now being his turn to be tipped out of his thoughts. After politely excusing himself from his conversation, he made his way straight back over to you, deciding not to hide just how wide his smile was becoming at the sight of you since George had just walked away from you.

"I heard what you said and it's great to be impressed by my favourite junior driver," Lewis muttered warmly, you being unable to get rid of the thought of how flirtatious his words sounded. "I completely understand if you don't want to because of our age gap, but how about we go somewhere to celebrate tonight? A bar? A restaurant? Wherever you want."

"I'm so sorry if I'm getting the wrong end of the stick here, but is this a date?" You asked softly, being unable to hide the hope in your voice.

"It might be," Lewis replied warmly under his breath as he leant into you once more.

However, before he pulled away from you this time, he left a discrete peck on your cheek, causing you to let out a swooning sigh under your breath as you got the strong urge to pinch yourself, being in complete disbelief about what had happened since you imagined that situations like that would never possibly happen outside of your wildest daydreams.