647 - Dennis Hauger

requested by CarolinaOrtiz005

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife jadnhossler925

647: The driver admits you're his celebrity crush in an interview.

Everyone knew that Dennis Hauger was one of the most ambitious, focused drivers on the F2 grid. He was always someone who was fully focused and tried his very best in every race weekend session he participated in. Dennis himself would even argue that it would take a lot to get him distracted from his job, even whilst doing interviews, and it was for this reason that he was internally beating himself up on this particular Friday morning, Dennis being enraged with himself that he was currently feeling very flustered whilst he was being interviewed in the media pen before practice, his cheeks being flushed scarlet as he was being asked about how well he expected the team to perform during the upcoming weekend.

"I know we're only a few rounds into the season, Dennis, but would you consider yourself to be in the championship fight?" The interviewer asked him eagerly.

Already with an answer in mind, Dennis' lips began to part as he was about to assuredly answer, however, as they did, Dennis let out a sigh of frustration under his breath because he was struggling to get his words out and all because another driver, that being yourself, was approaching him and being about to walk past him, but Dennis didn't just see you as any other driver, you were a multiple Red Bull race winner, his hero despite you only being a few years older than him.

"Uhm, well, it's still early days and I'm just taking one race at a time," replied Dennis softly, no longer seeming to be fully engaged with the interview as he discretely glanced in your direction out of the corner of his eye.

As much as Dennis loved the sight of you, as much as he loved you being around him, in that moment, the thing he wanted the most was for you to quickly disappear out of dight, but it was just his luck that the interviewer wasn't going to allow that to happen.

"Speaking of Red Bull talent, Y/N!" The interviewer called you over just as you were passing Dennis.

Trying his best to stop himself from eye rolling or looking as if he disapproved of this, Dennis forced the edges of his lips to curl up into a small smile as you made your way over to him, standing beside him without a second thought and being confused as to what was going on.

"We were just talking about Dennis' championship chances for this season. As someone who's been in Dennis' position before, as someone who fought for the F2 title as a Red Bull junior driver, do you think he's got what it takes. Y/N?" The interviewer asked you curiously, causing Dennis to take a deep breath under his breath because this was either going to go one of two ways, your words were either going to leave him heartbroken =, or he would be unable to contain his joy.

"If any of our junior drivers are capable of winning the F2 title, it's Dennis," you replied warmly, you looking in Dennis' direction as you spoke and immediately noticing that he had lowered his head in an attempt to hide his crimson cheeks. "In fact, I don't just think he's going to win the F2 title this season, I tihnk he's going to be my teammate someday and go on to win many F1 world titles."

You didn't say those words to flatter, Dennis, you may have just simply been giving your honest opinion and even though he was telling himself this in the back of his mind, Dennis couldn't stop himself from beaming as he brought his head back up.

"You really think so, Y/N? Your opinion means everything to me!" Replied Dennis with elation, moving his arm to wrap it around you, but stopping himself at the last minute. "There's no one who I respect more in the sport. You're incredible."

It was now your turn to lower your head, you being taken by surprise at how Dennis' words unexpectedly caused your heart to quicken in the best possible way. Many people have complemented you and told you how much of an amazing driver you are, but you could never remember feeling as flattered as you did when you heard similar words coming from Dennis.

"I think a certain junior driver has got a little crush," responded the interviewer jokingly, both of you intending for Dennis to immediately deny this.

"I might do," replied Dennis modestly with a slight chuckle.

It was because of how comfortable Dennis always felt around you that he had completely forgetten about the cameras for a moment, it slipping Dennos' mind that not only would millions of others havw been able to hear what he had just said, but also his celebrity crush herself. Remembering exactly where he was, Dennis looked between yourself and the interviewer with panic and since it was clear that Dennis wanted the ground to swallow him up in that moment, the interviewer quickly wrapped things up, before she made her way to the next driver a few metres away.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry! I wish I could tell you that I didn't mean it, but that would be a massive lie," said Dennis guiltily, looking to the ground as he couldn't bare to see any part of you. "But I really do feel bad about my feelings for you coming out in that way. It should have happened if and when I finally plucked up the courage to talk to you about them in private."

However, Dennis was then taken aback as you smiled broadly at him, your lips making their way towards his own before you knew it and planting a gentle peck. Dennis wanted nothing more than to deepen the kiss, but this time, he was well aware of where he was and held himself back, but was still unable to prevent himself from returning your soft kiss once you had pulled away. You let out a sigh of contentment amidst your second kiss, you not holding back with the affection and taking Dennis' hands in yours as you pulled away.

"You've got nothing to be sorry for because yes, that was unexpected, but I've always felt the same about you," you admitted warmly as you gave Dennis' hands a comforting squeeze. "I've always tried to deny it to myself, but I've never ben able to stop smiling when I'm around you, never been able to stop thinking about you when we're together and what it would be like to kiss you. How about we see where things could go, if there could be something special between us? I told myself I'd never be the one to ask a guy out, but since it's you, I'll make an exception. Will you go out on a date with me, Dennis?"

"Wait really? I'd love to!" He exclaimed joyfully as he flung his arms tightly around you. "I honestly can't believe this! If someone would have told me this morning that you'd ask me out today or ever for that matter, I would never have beleived them, but I like things to be traditional too, so you just have to sit back and relax whilst you let me plan the date, whilst you let me make it perfect for you."