160 - Lewis Hamilton

Requested by Acezor

Taglist
patka_1311

160: "You were my first love and I'm hoping you're going to be my last."

The weekend of the 2022 Saudi Arabia Grand Prix was naturally a difficult one for you due to it being a weekend of damage limitation for your boyfriend, Lewis, especially after he had qualified in P16. However, when the rae concluded, the fact that Lewis had only finished in P10, only scoring a single measly point wasn't the only reason why your heart sank once he had returned to the garage. The moment he had, you were about to rush towards him from the back and pull him closely to you with sorrow, but before you were able to move so much as a single step, his physio Angela had already beaten you to it. Your heart sank at the sight of them not only just because you were wishing it was you, but because of the never ending romours that the two of them were seeing each other behind your back. You may have trusted Lewis wholeheartedly, but that didn't stop the speculations of others getting to you because of how much the unrealistic thought hurt you. After what felt like a lifetime of you watching Lewis clinging to Angela, you abruptly turned on your heal and stormed out of the garage, not looking back and as a result, not realising that Lewis was energetically chasing after you.

"Hey, where are you going?" Lewis asked you surprisingly chipperly from behing once he had reached you, the Brit slightly gasping for breath as he spoke. "What's wrong? I hope it wasn't my result because it's the best I could have hoped for. At least I've scored a point. We've just got to think optimistically and look ahead to Australia."

You scoffed with amusement as you turned around to face him, you crossing your arms as you thought of Lewis as being arrogant in your moment of anger, you not being surprised in the slightest in that moment that he assumed that your frustration was because of his bad fortune, rather than your own feelings.

"You've really got no idea why I'm like this, do you?" You asked with a small sigh, you considering it to be miraculous how you maanged to contain your anger. "Of course I'm gutted for you because of your result, but what's hurting me the most is how it's happened again. You've once again gone to Angela after a race before you've come to me. I've tried to think nothing of this, but it's happening every weekend regardless of your result, whether you get a terrible or amazing one."

Lewis didn't hesitate to pull you close to him at last, guilt filling his eyes as he did. He pressed your bodies as tightly together as he was able during your affectionate embrace as he suddenly realsied his mistake because this had been something which Lewis had never thought about before.

"I'm so sorry, Y/N. I really need to start thinking about things like this," responded Lewis apologetically as he held you at arms length, the pure love in his eyes putting your mind at ease and making you briefly completely forget about Angela because you were the one who he wanted to be with, but this was short lived as you felt as painful pang shoot through your heart.

"I know there's nothing going on between you and Angela. You know I trust you completely, but I just can't help but wonder is she the reason why you're so happy?" You asked with confusion as you took a shaky deep breath, internally begging that you weren't about to regret what you had just asked. "The Lewis I know would have never looked as happy as you did as you made your way over to me after finishing in P10."

To your surprise, Lewis let out a few chuckles at your words as he warmly took your hands in his, his lips being just about to part, before he noticed that people were gathering around you with huge smiles on their faces as they began to mutter about your rare show of PDA. After you had exchanged a worried glance, he took you by the hand and rushed you towards his motorhome, only continuing with what he was about to say once you were inside and he had closed the door behind you.

"Anyway, as I was about to say," began Lewis affectionately, the most love which you had ever heard being in his voice. "You were my first love and I'm hoping you're going to be my last and it's because of that why I was smiling so much. Races like the one I've just had reminds me of those karting races we had when we were kids, where we'd be fighting through the field and would be so upset when we didn't do so well, but would then see each other afterwards and everything would suddenly be alright."

Unlike Lewis, you may never have progressed to cars, but you felt no resentment whatsoever about this because of the elation which those memories would bring back for you, Lewis' words reminding you of just how much I loved you and gave you the reassurance going forward whenever you would see him with Angela. In fact, when you would see them together, you even felt smug at the thought of you being the only woman who he had ever loved and most importantly, the only woman who he would ever love.