104,105 - Daniel Ricciardo

Requested by archivebooks

Taglist
Garrixer_06 archivebooks miaweston424 jadnhossler925

104: "You may be an idiot, but you're my idiot."

105: "I will always love you."

Since you were there to support your boyfriend, Daniel each and every race weekend, he considered it to be a strange feeling that Sunday morning to be entering the paddock alone. You may not have been beside him, but a smile was still spread broadly across his lips because he knew that you would be in his McLaren garage that afternoon during the race, Daniel leaving the hotel earlier than you that morning because of how tired you were, but not long after Daniel had left, you decided to get ready and head to the paddock yourself, you not wanting to miss anything that was going on because of your passion for not only F1, but also McLaren. Daniel may have been his usual chipper self, but Lando couldn't help but notice that the same could not be said once he had been in the garage for a while and had caught up with his team, Lando expecting that Daniel would be overjoyed since he would be starting the race in P6.

"Are you alright, mate?" Lando asked Daniel with concern, Lando gesturing for Daniel to follow him to the back of the garage. "You seem off today. Is it Y/N? Has something happened between you? Is that why she's not here?"

"It is to do with Y/N, but we haven't fallen out," responded Daniel cautiously, lowering his voice because he didn't want anyone else to hear. "I trust you, Lando, so I'm going to tell you something which I haven't told anyone else, not even Y/N. I want to marry her. I've been planning to propose to her after the race if I get a good result, but now that the day has come, I feel sick at the thought. What if she rejects me?"

"You know she's not going to reject you, mate. You're kind, funny loyal and the list goes on, but I'm going to stop before I get even more soppy," responded Lando comfortingly, the Brit being about to continue reassuring Daniel, before he was suddenly interrupted.

"The list does go on. It's such a long one. I'd love to marry you!" You replied with joy, causing Daniel and Lando's bodies to jolt as they turned around to the entrance of the garage, realising that you had been standing just metres away from them the entire time, being able to hear everything they were saying.

A slightly awkward silence then descended over the three of you, you not saying a word because of the shock Daniel's words had caused you to feel and Daniel not saying anything because he was internally beating himself up about how he could have been so stupid to let his surprise slip out.

"I'm such an idiot. I guess I've ruined everything now, haven't I? I know you've said yes, but since you overheard us, I can't make it a special surprise anymore," replied Daniel with sorrow, letting out a deflated sigh as he hung his head.

"You may be an idiot, but you're my idiot and you always will be. I will always love you," you reassured Daniel lovingly, taking a few steps forward to take both of his hands in yours. "You don't need to worry about not being able to give me a special surprise. This is special enough. The thought of being married to you, the love of my life, is special enough."

Beaming at you, Daniel let out a sigh of relief as he got down onto one knee, taking a small box out of his trouser pocket and opening it to reveal a gold ring with the largest diamond in it which you had ever seen.

"Y/N, Y/N, I know you've already said yes, but let me at least do this properly," began Daniel, overflowing with affection. "Will you make me the happiest man that has ever lived and marry me? Become the future Mrs. Ricciardo?"

"Of course I will!" You responded with euphoria, everyone in the McLaren garage stopping what they were doing and rushing to gather around you both as Daniel slid the ring onto your finger to find out that it was a perfect fit.

As you pulled Daniel up to his feet, before capturing his lips in a passionate kiss, roars of celebration filled the McLaren garage, every single team member being elated for you both, including Lando who was smiling broadly because he always knew this moment would come, knowing that it was a case of when and not if.

"I never expected that I'd propose to my future wife in a racing garage, but now that I have, I wouldn't have it any other way," said Daniel warmly as you held each other at arms length, neither of you wanting to let go, but Daniel slowly removing his hands from you because he knew that he needed to get changed into his overalls.