647 - Esteban Ocon

Requested by. luminousmoonlight

Taglist
luminousmoonlight TheOnlyL1 madmaxstan

647: The driver admits you're his celebrity crush in an interview.

It may have been expected that Max would be getting most of the media attention at the FIA Prize Giving Gala as he was the driver who won the championship and this is why you found it so surprising that everyone was talking about Esteban Ocon. You may not have been close with any of the F1 drivers, you may have very rarely interacted with any since you were a rally driver, but that didn't stop the gossip about Esteban rippling around the room and getting to you, The topic of conversation for most was how flustered Esteban had been before the ceremony had started when he was getting interviewed outside of the venue, but what shocked you the most was that despite you being uninvolved in their conversations, people would look towards you whenever he was mentioned.

"You've been awfully quiet, Y/N? What do you think about the whole thing?" Your teammate, who was sitting beside you eagerly asked you.

"What whole thing?" You asked with confusion as well as slight annoyance because you were sick of the same conversation being repeated. "So what, the guy was nervous during an interview. We've all been there. We all have days where it's more difficult to hide."

"You haven't even seen his interview, have you?" Your teammate asked you with slight worry as he slowly reached for his phone, debating whether to show it to you or not."

You rolled your eyes as you looked down at his phone since you didn't really care what Esteban had said, not because you had any sort of dislike for him, in fact it was quiet the opposite because you never could deny that he was attractive, but because you could bet that all of this fuss was going to be over nothing. However, it was when the interview started playing, that you clapped your hands tightly over your mouth as Esteban's words filled your ears.

"Yes, I am aware that I'm a bit more nervous than usual, but that's because of how many legendary drivers I'm going to be in the same room as," Esteban responded coyly after he had been directly asked about how red and flustered he was. "My heroes form other categories are here, especially Y/N Y/L/N. She's stunning both inside and out as well as being extremely talented."

When Esteban had realised what he had said, he clapped his hands tightly over his mouth as he wanted to melt into the floor, this not being helped by the increase of blinding camera flashes around him.

"So, would you maybe say that you have a little celebrity crush?" The interviewer asked Esteban with intrigue, causing Esteban to want to scurry away if he didn't already.

"I might do, not that it's anyone's business," Esteban blurted out, before he briskly walked away, rushing inside before any other interviewer could call him over.

You were left completely stunned as the conversations across the room were starting to simmer down as the prize giving ceremony was about to begin, but it was as they did, that you couldn't help but notice that Esteban was discretely glancing in your direction from a few tables away. You desperately wanted to go over to him, to reassure him that he didn't need to be so worried because of how flattered you were, but since the next few hours of your time were going to be occupied, you had no idea when you would see him again to tell him that you shared his feelings.