175 - Felipe Drugovich

Requested by drugo_babe

Taglist
drugo_babe

Disclaimer
This was written before the end of the 2022 season, when it seems like Felipe is going to be in the F2 title fight.

175: "My neck was designed for your head to fit into and yours alone."

During pervious seasons of his career, you would love nothing more than being able to attend F2 race weekends with your boyfriend, Felipe in order to show your support for him. However, this season, it had been very different. At first when it became clear that he would be a contender for the F2 Drivers' Championship, your heart would swelter with pride as you would walk alongside him in the paddock with your fingers entwined, but during the final few rounds of the season, when everyone was saying that it was Felipe's title to lose, you felt very different.

Yourself and Felipe were currently walking down the paddock on Sunday in Abu Dhabi, it being a matter of hours before the title would be decided in the feature race. However, rather than fizzing with excitement at the thought of Felipe taking the title, you filled with dread as you wrapped an arm tightly around him, feeling very territorial of him.

"I'm nervous about the race too, but just try to relax," Felipe eventually spoke up warmly at the sight of your tense, hardened expression.

At that moment, you took him by the hand and lead him towards his motorhome, which you were approaching, you deciding that it would be best to have this conversation now before your unhelpful thoughts would somehow manage to consume your mind even further. Once you had entered and had closed the door behind you, you took a shaky deep breath as you sank down onto his sofa, lowering your head as you did because you didn't dare look at any part of Felipe's body, let alone into his eyes.

"OF course I'm still worried about the race, but that isn't why I haven't been myself today," you responded shyly, your tone being a soft one as your words struggled to leave your lips. "I brought you in for a private word because to be honest, I've hated being in the paddock during the last few race weekends."

Felipe's mouth hung slightly agape at the sound of your surprising words as he raised his eyebrows, this certainly not being what he had expected to hear because of how much you had previously told him that you loved attending race weekends with him.

"What's bothering you? Is it the media attention you're getting?" Asked Felipe with slight defensives, which was directed at the media rather than yourself.

"No, it's actually because of you," you responded with guilt at the sound of how blunt and potentially hurtful your words were. "Well, I know it's not your fault, but it's because of the way you are with fans in the paddock. Ever since it became clear that you were in the title fight, fans have been coming up to you and throwing themselves at you and rattler than telling them that you're taken, you've just been letting them get on with it, for instance when you allowed that fan to snuggle up to you. I'm starting to think that you're enjoying it and it's making me feel as though I'm not good enough for you."

Felipe felt a painful pang through his heart at the sound of your words as he hadn;t given his actions a second thought, not realising just how much they were hurting you. There was an uncomfortable silence between you for a few moments because Felipe had no idea what to say, knowing that there were no excuses for his behaviour.

"I'm really sorry, Y/N. I had no idea you felt that way and even though it's no excuse, I didn't even realise what I was doing because of how in shock I always am when I'm surrounded by all of these other women," said Felipe apologetically as he sat down beside you, turning his body to face your own as he took your hands in his. "And maybe I did like the attention, but never think that you're not good enough. I never once thought I'd rather be with these other women than with you. I just want you to know that my neck was designed for your head to fit into and yours alone and that my behaviour is going to stop."

Those words were exactly what you needed to hear, a wide smile spreading across your lips as Felipe wrapped an arm tightly around your shoulders, using his hand to pull your head down into the crook of his neck. You let out a sigh of contentment as you snuggled into him, thinking about this was where you were meant to be. This was also beneficial for Felipe because the feeling of your touch made him feel slightly more relaxed about the upcoming championship deciding race.