99 - Lewis Hamilton

Requested by catname7

Taglist
patka_1311

Disclaimer 
This was written at the start of the 2022 season, way before we have any real idea of whether Mercedes are going to bounce back and become championship contenders.

99: "I can't stand to see you in love with her for a second longer. It hurts way too much."

Entering your Mercedes garage that Sunday morning, your expression being a hardened, serious one, you were fully focused on the race ahead. There was only a few rounds left of the season and due to your team's poor start to the season, you were determined to dominate the last few race weekends and add even more race wins to your collection. Coming into the garage, you thought that it would be impossible for anything to distract you from the job at hand, but that was until you had entered, spotting your teammate, Lewis nearby with his new girlfriend, who was hanging onto his arm as her false, girly laughter rang around the garage. You clenched your hands into fists in the pockets of your Mercedes hoodie at the sight of this in an attempt to keep your expression firm, rather than to reveal the heartbreak which you were really feeling inside, you not wanting anything to realise that it felt as though something sharp was piercing through your heart. You hated how during the past few race weekends, you needed to act as though you felt nothing for Lewis, that you seen him as nothing more than your teammate, but once his new girlfriend had left the garage with some team members, you overheating that they were going to give her a tour of the hospitality, you didn't hesitate to rush over to Lewis once the garage was empty the only team members there being the ones who left for the tour due to how early it was and once you had reached him, you suddenly crashed your lips against his in a fiery kiss without any warnings whatsoever.

"Y/N! What are you doing?" Asked Lewis in bewilderment, rushing to pull away from you the second which your lips had connected.

You didn't expect his reaction to be a positive one, especially because Lewis was a taken man, but that didn't stop it from being agonising for you. Your cheeks flushed scarlet at the sound of the slight anger in his voice, your lips quivering as you knew exactly what you wanted to tell him, but were unable to get your words out.

"I'm so sorry, Lewis. I know I shouldn't have done that so suddenly, especially because you're with someone else, but I'm just going to be straight with you. The truth is, I cant stand to see you in love with her for a second longer. It hurts way too much," you blurted out softly as you were rapidly blinking away the tears which had formed in your eyes, not only because of the thought of Lewis' rejection, but also because of the thought of you completely losing him because of the kiss. "I know this won't be what you wanted to hear, or what you would have ever expected to hear, but I've secretly had feelings for you for a few years now, ever since I joined the team, but I thought there was no way you would ever feel the same and I guess I just had to prove that to myself so that now, I can stop clinging onto something which obviously isn't going to happen."

After listening to your words, Lewis was left stunned, the two of you sinking into an unbearable silence as he clapped both of his hands tightly over your mouth. You were about to be the first to speak up, ready to repeatedly apologise, but before you were able, Lewis lowered his hands down away from his mouth to reveal the largest smile which you had ever seen and before you had chance to properly take it in, his lips were suddenly smashing against your own, finally giving you that heated kiss which you had always dreamed about.

"What are you doing?" You asked in astonishment, rushing your words as it was your turn to quickly pull away. "You're with someone else, Lewis and now that I'm thinking rationally again, unlike before, I would never put you in the position of cheating on her. It's wrong."

"Doing what I should have done a long time ago," responded Lewis warmly as he cupped your cheeks, you being unable to resist the temptation to lean into his touch as the edges of your lips curled up into a small smile. "The truth is, Y/N. I am single. This relationship was set up by my PR. She thought it would be good publicity because everyone's always keen to know whether I've got a special someone in my life, but it's always secretly been you. I've just never acted on my feelings before because I didn't want a potential relationship with you to interfere with our championship rivalry, but lately, I've been wanting to be with you more than anything and am finding it impossible to get you out of my head. I'm going to tell my 'girlfriend' that our deal is off because I've found someone I really want to be with, that is if you'll have me."

It was now your turn to be lost for words, you beaming at Lewis as you were once again struggling to get your words out, but it being in the best possible way this time because you never thought that Lewis would ever share your feelings for him in your wildest dreams.

"I'd love that," you replied sweetly as you wrapped your arms around the back of Lewis' neck.

Lewis snaked his arms around your waist in response and once he had, the two of you were finally in agreement about sharing your first passionate kiss, both of you leaning in and not hesitating to deepen it once your lips were pressed together. Once you had pulled away, it was impossible for both of you to hide the broad smiles which had spread across your lips, everyone even commenting on this once they had arrived back to the garage. Both yourself and Lewis refused to tell anyone what you were so happy about, this being until Lewis had managed to have a private word with his 'girlfriend' telling her that their agreement to pretend to date for mutual publicity gains was over.