616 - Max Verstappen

Requested by madmaxstan

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife Garrixer_06 luminousmoonlight lbushey madmaxstan

616: "I don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for you when you're on your period."

During your period, particularly during the first couple of days, there wa nothing you loved to do more than to snuggle up in bed with not only your hot water bottle, but also your boyfriend, Max. However, that wasn't possible during this particular month because on the first day of your period, yourself and Max were spending the day in the Red Bull factory, both of you having a full day of preparation meetings for the upcoming season. Being Max's race engineer, you were in the same meetings for most of the day because of how closely you worked together and at first, you considered this to be the bright side of the situation, but it soon became clear to you that this definitely wouldn't be the case when Max started to snigger at the sight of you clutching your stomach under the table.

"Problem?" You snapped under your breath, not being in any sort of mood to deal with Max teasing you.

"Well, you're being a bit dramatic, aren't you? Surely you don't need to keep wincing every few seconds," replied Max with amusement, this only adding to your anger.

"You can't say anything because you've never experienced period pains, especially when you completely forgot to bring any pain killers out to work with you," you muttered through gritted teeth, before taking a deep breath an an attempt to calm yourself down.

As the meeting continued, you were largely unable to concentrate. It felt as though it would be never ending, but you were finally able to have a short break before your next one was due to start, you deciding that you were going to go to a nearby shop to buy some paracetamol because even though it was massively infective, it was as good as you were going to get.

"Max, will you get out of the way," you snapped as you stood up to leave, being unable to leave because you were sandwiched in between Max's pushed out chair and the wall.. "I need pain killers."

You thought it was just typical how Max got to his feet slowly, you almost thinking he was going it on purpose, but once you were out of the meeting room, he took your hand in his as you began to head to the exit of the factory.

"What are you creeping for?" You asked with a small sigh as you were about to move your hand away from Max, but he only grabbed onto it tighter as he entwined your fingers.

"I don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for you when you're on your period," replied Max with a mixture of amusement and sympathy as he let go of your hand in order to wrap an arm around you, hugging you into his side once he had. "Your mood swings do make me laugh, but at the same time, all I want to do is make it all go away for you."

Your heart melted at Max's words, the edges of your lips finally curling up into a small smile as you leant into Max's touch, before your face fell once more as you became guilty about the way you had been with Max.

"I'm sorry for being so annoyed with you," you soon spoke up softly, gazing up at Max with wide eyes, pleading that he would not have fallen out with you.

"I get why you're like this and I know you wouldn't be if you could help it," replied Max affectionately. "How about we tell the team you're not well when we get back from getting your pain killers so we can spend some time together?"

Your mood perked up massively after hearing Max's suggestion, one which you immediately agreed to. When you returned to the factory, yourself and Max had an hour before your next important meeting, both of you being very content in a quiet room during that time, your head being snuggled into Max's chest as he ran his fingers soothingly through your hair.