72 - Mick Schumacher

Requested by millenbeth13

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife LaaSports Formula_forever drugo_babe luminousmoonlight TheOnlyL1

TRIGGER WARNING
Mentions of anxiety, insecurity and a panic attack

72: "You're the only one who I feel like I can trust. You're the only one who I feel safe around."

Sitting on the edge of your bed as your eyes were glued to your phone, you were taking repeated deep breaths, the fingers of your free hand curling around the edge of the mattress, clinging to it for dear life as you were reading the endless negative social media posts about you. It was always your dream to be a model, but now that your dream had become a reality, it would often feel like a complete nightmare for you. Day after day, you had to cope with haters on social media saying you weren't beautiful enough as well as those around you pressuring you to try revealing clothes which you weren't comfortable with or forcing you to wear even more makeup. This soon lead to you hating yourself, being convinced that your natural self wasn't good enough and it was because of this, that you were amazed you had finally found a guy who wanted to be with you, someone who seemed genuine and like he didn't want to use you for who you were, that being F1 driver, Mick Schumacher.

It was because of how much pressure those around you were putting on you, that you felt as if Mick was the only one who truly cared. This lead you to rush off social media and press on his contact as your breathing continued to quicken since he always knew exactly what to do, what to say in order to make you feel better. Mick answered his phone within a matter of seconds, but once he did, your deep breathing was all he was able to hear, the words refusing to leave your mouth as you fought to hold back tears.

"Y/N?" Mick asked in alarm, pressing his phone down even more firmly against his ear as his heart sank. "What's wrong? Please talk to me!"

Without any hesitation whatsoever, the next thing you knew, Mick put his phone down and began to race to your home, you luckily only living five minutes away from each other. However, because of how confused you were that he had suddenly disappeared, your negative thoughts convinced you that you shouldn't have called him, that he ended the call because he was annoyed that you didn't say anything. It was these thoughts that forced your breathing out of control, you barely having any idea what was going on around you as your front door burst open, you not even comprehending that footsteps were pounding up the stairs and towards your room. Due to the tears trickling down your face, your vision was heavily blured as your body violently shook. It was because of this that you only realised it was Mick who had flung his arms tightly around you once he had crashed down beside you after he had started to speak.

"Shh, it's okay, baby, I've got you," he said softly as he held his body as closely to his as he was able as he began to lightly rock you in his arms. "Just follow my breathing."

You began to concentrate on the significently reduced pace of Mick's heartrate and it was the feeling of that against your own chest as well as the comforting smell of his aftershave that managed to cause your breathing to gradually reduce, Mick soothingly running his fingers through your hair as he did, frequently filling your ears with affectionate words of praise.

"I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have called you. We've only been together for a few months, so I'm sure you don't want to deal with me being like this," you wept apologetically once you had lifted your head off Mick's chest whilst keeping your head lowered. "The reason why I did was because you're the only one who I feel like I can trust. You're the only one who I feel safe around."

Your desire to explain yourself to Mick continued, but before you were able to say anything else, he silenced you by pressing a gentle peck to your lips.

"I don't care that this is still quite a new relationship. Never feel as though you can't come to me," replied Mick with surprise when he pulled away, his lips still being inches away from your own as he rested his forehead against your own. "You can always trust me. You can always feel safe around me, so whatever caused you to get into such a state, we'll get you through it together."

The edges of your lips curled up into a small smile as you allowed Mick's words to melt your heart for a second, but it was immediately afterward that your worries about not being good enoguh returned.

"I got like that because I feel like I can't do anything right. If I'm honest, I jsut don't feel like I'm good enough," you admitted with sorrow, Mick taking both of your hands in his and giving them a comforting squeeze as you let out a shaky deep breath before you continued to talk. "I don't feel pretty enough because if I was, people wouldn't be suggesting I wear slutty clothes or even more makeup. If I was, people on social media wouldn't be telling me that they would rather see anyone else modeling."

"As tears began to trickle down your cheeks once more, Mick pulled your head down onto his chest as he rested his head on top of yours, pressing a long, lingering kiss to it once he had.

"All of those people are complete idiots, Y/N. I think you look perfect just the way you are. You don't need slutty clothes and too much makeup to look breathtaking because I think you're naturally the most stunning woman in the world," replied Mick firmly, but whilst also overflowing with love at the same time. "Being in the spotlight does involve pressure. There will always be people who are going to find an excuse to hate you, but just remember that I'm always here for you. It may sometimes feel like it's just me and you against the world, but all we need is each other. Having anyone else is just a bonus."

Those words may have been exactly what you needed to hear, they may have massively lifted your spirits, but Mick still refused to leave you on your own, which you certainly weren't complaining about because it meant that you were able to spend the rest of the day chilling on your sofa snuggled into Mick as he filled your ears with sweet nothings.