1 - Dennis Hauger

Requested by catname7

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife jadnhossler925

TRIGGER WARNING
Mentions of anxiety, a panic attack and a life threatening racing accident

1: "Shh, just breathe, I've got you, you're safe."

Coughing and spluttering, your entire body was violently shaking as you knew that the next few seconds of your life would be a case of life or death. Your heart was thrashing relentlessly against your chest at the sight of your Prema F2 car being surrounded by flames, fire being one of your greatest fears. Your entire body may have been aching due to the severe crash which you had found yourself involved in, but you knew you had no choice but to gather the strength to escape and to get to safety. For a split second, before you realised that you were joined by medical professionals, you were convinced that your life was going to be over within a matter of seconds, but then, the next thing you knew, your body had sprung bolt upright, you being drenched in sweat as you gasped for breath, tears gushing down your cheeks as you realised that you were in the dingy shared bedroom of not only your teammate, but also your boyfriend, Dennis. Your heart was pounding as violently against your chest as it was several months previously when the accident occurred and there was no sign of your tears reducing as your sobs began to echo around the room.

"Shh, just breathe, I've got you, you're safe," said Dennis calmly from beside you once he had rushed to sit up himself, the Norwegian pulling your head down onto his chest as he clung to you as tightly as he was able.

Your mumbled wails into his chest continued for the next few moments as you gasped for breath, but as your breathing was starting to reduce, as you were becoming fully aware of where you were and that it was only a nightmare, you allowed the warmth which Dennis' body was radiating to comfort you.

"Oh, Dennis!" You exclaimed with relief as you lifted your head up, the edges of your lips curling up into a tiny smile as you realised that there was nowhere you could have possibly been safer. "I'm sick of these nightmares. They always feel so real."

"I know, baby, but all that matters is that you're alive, you're safe and you're beside me, where you belong," replied Dennis lovingly as he nuzzled his chin on the top of your head. "I know it's easier for me to say, but with the therapy you're having and time, this will get better. I promise you."

Those words were exactly what you needed to hear, you rapidly blinking away the last of your tears at the sight of Dennis' loving smile since no sight was more successful in bringing a smile to your own lips than that one.

"How about we take a break from training today to make you feel better?" Dennis suggested warmly as he cupped your cheeks, his thumbs attempting to dry the few remaining damp spots. "How about we spend the day snuggled up in bed to remind you that very good memories can be made here as well as frightening ones?"

You loved the sound of that and before you knew it, you had managed to push your nightmare to the back of your mind because you were focusing purely on the affectionate words which Dennis was filling your ears with, Dennis telling you that he would always love you and would always be there to cheer you up no matter what since you were his entire universe.