647 - Mick Schumacher

Requested by drugo_babe

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife LaaSports Formula_forever drugo_babe luminousmoonlight TheOnlyL1

647: The driver admits you're his celebrity crush in an interview.

Chilling on the sofa of your Milan apartment, you thought nothing of it that Friday morning as you turned on your TV to watch FP1 as you always did. The TV didn't have much of your concentration at first because you were aimlessly scrolling through your social media whilst some driver interviews were on since you always found the on track action far more interesting than the drivers themselves. However, that was all but one, Mick Schumacher, who caused your body to jolt with surprise as you suddenly heard his voice filling your ears as it seemed as though it was coming to the end of his interview.

"Now that we've spoken about how you expect this weekend to go for you at this very early stage, how about we move onto the off track side of the weekend?" The interviewer asked Mick eagerly, causing you to roll your eyes because of how much it especially bored you when the interviews weren't even about the racing. "As you'll have been able to notice. The paddock has started to become just as busy as it used to be during recent race weekends and that means the return of teams inviting celebrity guests into the paddock This makes me wonder, who would your ideal guest be for Haas to invite? Are there any celebrities you admire who you'd love to invite?"

You were then surprised to feel a sharp pang in your heart as you waited for the blonde's response. You knew that he was most likely going to mention some woman, who you wouldn't be able to stop yourself from feeling jealous of because of how much you would have loved to have the admiration of your favourite driver. However, the next thing you knew, you were clapping both of your hands tightly over your mouth as your heart brgan to pound against your chest in the best possible way.

"I doubt it would ever happen, but I'd love to get the chance to invite Y/N Y/L/N, the sportswear model to a Grand Prix," responded Mick with enthusiasm, his voice sounding slightly dreamy as his pupils dilated at the thought of being able to meet you. I mean, she just seems so amazing both inside and out. I've always admired how perfect she looks in everything she models and I would love to get to know her personality, which I'm certain would match."

The interviewer then swiftly moved on, wrapping up the interview to save Mick from some potential embarrassment because it was blatently obvious that his celebrity crush had just been discovered. You then muted your TV to take in what had just happened, the thought of yourself and Mick both having a little crush on each other from afar seeming so surreal to you. It may have taken you a while, but after repeatedly going over his interview in your mind to convince yourself that you hadn't just imagined the whole thing, you didn't hesitate to grab your phone, go back onto Instagram and search for Mick's profile, which you were somehow only just realising had returned your follow. Despite your previously rushed actions, you took a deep breath in an attempt to calm both your excitement and nerves as your finger hovered over the option to send him a message, your idea now not seeming as great as you had thought. Over the following few minutes, you repeatedly went on and off Mick's profile, deciding both for and against sending him a message multiple times, but you had eventually plucked up all of your courage to start typing what you considered to be one of the boldest messages which you had ever sent, which read:

Hey, Mick, I've just seen your pre-practice interview. That was the sweetest thing anyone's ever done concerning me. I just wanted to let you know that I'm just as keen to meet you as you are me and since we are both in Italy this weekend, how about I invite myself to the rest of the race weekend and grab a drink or something? I completely understand if not x

You had lost count of how many times you had reweitten that message, you worrying about every last detail including whether or not you should have sent the kiss at the end, which had been the part of the message which you had removed and then added once again more than any other.

Sending the message may have meant that you had missed the first few minutes of FP1, but after the session, as soon as he had a spare few minutes to check his phone, that was more than worth it because he got back to you as soon as possible, his face lighting up at the sight of your message because a situation like this had only ever played out in his dreams before. Mick didn't hesitate to agreeing to meet up with you for drinks and despite how you would have never predicted it twenty-four hours earlier, you had arrived in Imola the following day ready to watch FP3 and Qualifying in the paddock, but most importantly, to finally be able to meet Mick.