344 - Mick Schumacher

Requested by patylovesf1

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife LaaSports Formula_forever drugo_babe luminousmoonlight TheOnlyL1

344: "I think we should take our baby on his/her first holiday."

Over the first three years of your daughter's life, yourself and your husband, Mick were experiencing conflicting feelings about whether to take her on her first holiday. Many of those around you such as your parents were telling you that it would be a waste of money because at three, she would remember very little if anything at all. However, yourself and Mick had recently decided that you were going to take her to Disney World because you had gone there yourself at that age and because it had been introduced into your life at such an early age, Florida always had and always will be a special place your heart, you wanting it to be the same thing for your daughter.

The few weeks which you waited in between booking your holiday and finally being there dragged on because of how excited you were to make these special memories that at least yourself and Mick were going to cherish forever. However, the first full day of your holiday had finally arrived after a night of relaxing and planning beforehand. Due to the differences in time zone, the three of you were up bright and early that morning, being ready to catch the earliest bus from yout hotel to Magic Kingdom, the park which you were most looking forward to taking your daughter as it was the one which you knew to be the most age appropriate for smaller children.

"Now that I'm thinking of it, do you really think coming here today was such a good idea? When we've been over the years, the crowds have always been the largest and I don't know if she'll be able to handle that," Mick muttered to you under his breath, your daughter clinging to his hand as you were going through the turnstiles to enter the park.

"It might be a very short day for us, but at least we're getting the busiest park out of the way," you replied with slight worry, knowing how much your daughter hated being so close to hundreds of others from when you had taken her to race weekends before.

"Short day? But I want to stay here forever," your daughter chirped up with a small whine, causing yourself and Mick to let out a few chuckles of amusement because you hadn't even properly entered the park yet.

You were almost holding your breath with anticipation as you were bracing yourself for the Main Street crowds, however, it was once the three of you had started to walk down the famed walkway down to the castle that your daughter didn't seem to have a care in the world about anyone around her, her mouth hanging slightly agape with amazement as she scanned her surroundings. You may have gotten her very well prepared for it by showing her plenty of videos, but just as you did yourself, your daughter considered the magic of Disney to be so much more special in person.

"Can we get photos? Lots of them?" Your daughter begged you enthusiastically once you had reached the castle despite there being countless families who were trying to do the same thing.

Yourself and Mick beamed at your daughter's enthusiasm, the three of you already considering the photos you had taken to be some of your best memories even though some of them had other people in the background.

As the day continued, it became clear to you that your daughter wasn't going to be one for rides, but yourself and Mick didn't mind this too much because instead, you spent most of your time interacting with characters, which made your daughter's day. Both the hearts of yourself and Mick completely melted as you watched her embracing the characters tightly, the two of you also feeling relieved because you thought they would be another thing which she was scared of.

"Are you sure you don't want to go on the tea cups or anything?" Mick asked your daughter encouragingly that afternoon when you didn't have long left before you were going to head back to the hotel. "Like I've said earlier, I can make it go nice and slow for you, or you can do it yourself. There's a wheel in the middle you spin so it only turns as fast as you want it to."

Yourself and Mick had been trying to persuade your daughter to go on some of the very small and slow rides all day, but it was until this point that she had refused, your daughter only now hesitantly agreeing because she would be in control. Your own heart was pounding against your chest as you were getting into your tea cup with the fears that your daughter's screams were going to echo around the park the second it started to spin, but to your surprise, your daughter actually let out a few giggles of approval as the gentle movements began. When she wasn't looking, Mick grabbed onto the wheel in the middle and gradually began to quicken the speed. Your daughter was soon shrieking with laughter as she discovered for the first time that she enjoyed the adrenaline rush which speed provided her with, not that she got a very large one on the tea cups, but watching the enjoyment on her face caused yourself and Mick to look at each other knowingly, it making you both hopeful that she would want to follow in Mick's footsteps and become a racing driver, especially since she already loved the sport.