27 - Logan Sargeant

Requested by Sargeants_Wife happy birthday for yesterday! Sorry I didn't manage to get this done yesterday.

27: "Will you marry me?"

When yourself and your boyfriend, Logan would normally stroll down the sand together hand in hand with your fingers entwined, both of you would be feeling your happiest and most relaxed. However, on this particular day, you were completely oblivious to how Logan was feeling very different, the only indication you had being that he was squeezing your hand especially tighter, which you thought nothing of at the time and just thought he was feeling particularly affectionate. As you were approaching your double lounger beneath the cabana which you always aimed to get, you started to become convinced that he wasn't himself, Logan letting out frequent deep breaths in an attempt to minimise his growing nerves, which he was now struggling to keep hidden.

"Are you alright? Is something wrong?" You asked with concern once you were both laying down, you turning over to face Logan, who was sprawled out on his back.

"I'm fine, baby. Well, I will be once I've asked you something," began Logan softly, trying his best to hide the worry in his voice as he reached into one of the pockets of his shorts, before you clapped both of your hands tightly over your mouth at the sight of the small box which he had pulled out. "Will you marry me?"

Due to how sudden and unexpected this question was, due to how Logan had asked it so causally with no build up, there was a slight pause before you responded, the noise around you such as children laughing and giggling as they played in the sand barely being audible to you as Logan's question was repeatedly replaying in your mind.

"I'm sorry. Is this a bad time? Would there never have been a good time? Is this not what you want?" Logan asked frantically after a few moments, being ready to beg for your forgiveness, but before his lips were able to part to do that, you moved your hands away from your face to reveal that the most enormous smile which he had ever seen was spread across your lips.

"Of course I'll marry you, Logan and this is the perfect time. You've done it perfectly," you responded lovingly and in amazement, before Logan turned over to face you, hoping that both of your bodies would hide the ring as he gently slid it onto your finger due to how he didn't want anyone nearby, who may know who he is, to know what was going on.

You let out a small sigh of relief under your breath, admiring the ring sparkling on your finger as you thought about how glad you were that Logan had managed to propose to you in a way which wasn't too extravagant and attention seeking, whilst managing to do it in a place which you both loved and considered to be special.

"Perfectly? But wouldn't you have preferred some sort of romantic speech first?" Logan asked you with surprise, the Floridian having a pretty good idea that you also wanted to spend the rest of your life with him, but most of his nerves being around how you would react to how he proposed.

"No, because I know that's not you," you replied warmly, taking both of Logan's hands in yours as you pressed a gentle peck to his lips. "I'm glad you proposed in a genuine way, rather than forcing yourself to do something which would have been out of your comfort zone. This means more to me than any long speech beforehand ever could because you're being yourself, rather than pretending to be someone you're not."

Logan let out a long, loud sigh of relief as he wrapped both of his arms tightly around you, pressing your chest as firmly into your own as he was able. As you let out a sigh of contentment once your head was buried into his chest, Logan pressed a light peck to the top of your head, both of you descending into a brief, but blissful silence as you though of nothing other than how much you were looking forward to your future together.

"I love this, just being able to chill with you, without any media attention, without anyone rushing over to us to congratulate us," Logan eventually spoke up, taking your left hand in his and holding it up to admire the way the large diamond glistened in the sunlight.

"Me too. How about we keep it this way for a little bit?" You suggested hopefully as you thought about how nice it was to be able to enjoy this moment together without others interfering.

"Let's do it, but not for too long because I don't know how long I'll be able to stop myself from calling you my future Mrs. Sargeant," replied Logan lovingly, leaning into your ear as he spoke those words.

It was in that moment, that you realised for the first time exactly what being called Mrs. Sargeant done to you, it already becoming clear to you that it was now your favourite nickname and that you would be unable to resist Logan whenever he would call you it.