502 - Pierre Gasly

Requested by Scotlynaurora

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife Mandolin016 Garrixer_06 patka_1311 V8Fan4eva

502: You are a team photographer.

Being a team photographer for Alpha Tauri, you always took your job very seriously, that being ensuring that the photos you took didn't reveal any secrets about the car to rival teams. You had to do this once again during the launch of the 2022 car, but despite the job at hand, you soon realised that there was someone who was unintentionally making his way into the unedited photos, that being one of your drivers, Pierre and you couldn't deny that you loved the view which you were getting of him through the lens of your camera. You soon felt your cheeks flushing scarlet as you were listening to him doing an interview on stage once the car had been revealed, you taking frequent deep breaths to make sure you were keeping yourself together because you were well aware that thousands of fans may have been able to see you in that moment.

A short while later, once the launch was over, you made your way to your editing room in the factory and just as you had loaded the first photo up on your computer screen, your body jolted slightly as the silence of the room was broken by someone lightly tapping on the closed door from the other side. Just as you were about to call for the person to come in, the door gradually opened to reveal that Pierre was surprisingly at the other end of it.

"Hey, Y/N. I'm just wondering how the photos are coming along, if they're nearly ready to go on social media yet," Pierre asked you curiously, his cheeks turning crimson at how stupid thought he sounded because he knew that you had only just started with them, but he was desperate for an excuse to talk to the woman who he had been admiring from afar for a while now.

"Hey, they shouldn't take me too long, but photos have already gone up live from the launch," you replied with concentration as you tried to focus on your work, expecting that Pierre was about to turn to leave and that nothing more would be said.

However, he surprised you by sitting down on one of the chairs behind your desk, which part of you wasn't pleased about because you knew that you wouldn't be able to focus with having Pierre as a distraction.

"I'm going to sound like a complete idiot, but I know that," responded Pierre sheepishly, before he took a brief pause as he bit his bottom lip. "But the truth is, I just wanted to find an excuse to come in here and see just how you do what you do. You're amazing at your job. Your photos always turn out so beautiful and not only that, but I kind of enjoy talking to you, being around you."

Your heart skipped a beat at the sound of Pierre's words, especially because the two of you may have had conversations in the past, Pierre may have always been keen to talk to you, but you assumed that he would never possibly give you a second thought and that he was just talking to you to be polite.

"I really enjoy your company too, so how about I show you the start of the editing process? How about I let you have a go?" You suggested, trying to find how hopeful you were, it now being your turn to suggest an excuse just to be around Pierre.

As you began to explain the process to Pierre, he clung to your every word, but wasn't really taking many of them in because he was concentrating more on the sound of your voice rather than your words. It was because of this, that when it came to Pierre having a go, he didn't have any idea of what he was doing. You were convinced that if this was anyone else, you would have quickly become frustrated with needing to repeat yourself all of the time, but you were just savouring these moments with Pierre, you eventually telling him that you would take over, but that he was free to stay and keep you company as long as he liked. Before Pierre allowed you to get on with your work on your own, you couldn't help but notice that there was some flirty banter between the two of you, Pierre finding it hilarious when you would struggle to hide your frustrations and joking that you were only able to keep as calm as you did for him.

"I've really enjoyed today," said Pierre warmly a few hours later when you were finished and were getting ready to leave. "I've really enjoyed getting to know you better and I can definitely see myself spending a lot more time with you. I've got a meeting to get to now, but hopefully, I'll have a bit of time to see you tomorrow."

Before Pierre exited, he left you feeling stunned by pressing a gentle peck to your cheek, leaving you standing there, grinning after him like an idiot as you were sent into a deep trance, you feeling giddy as thoughts of Pierre raced around your mind because of how you couldn't wait to see him again, but as you thought about him, it was impossible not to think about the future and to not get your hopes up that something would happen between you.