556 - Daniel Ricciardo

Requested by Scotlynaurora

Taglist
Garrixer_06 archivebooks miaweston424 jadnhossler925

556: "I can't decide whether you genuinely like me or whether you're just flirting with me for attention."

A broad smile may have been spread across your lips whilst you laughed and joked with your driver, Daniel as you often did as the two of you were heading out of his motorhome, but your joy suddenly stopped as you were approaching the media pen, your smile narrowing as Daniel suddenly wrapped an arm around your waist and hugged you into his side at the realisation that some nearby photographers were taking photos of him. You may have reluctantly went along with this in order to avoid negative attention, wrapping an arm around Daniel as you forced your wide smile to return, but once enough photos had been taken, you raised your eyebrows in surprise as you lead Daniel a few steps away, having no idea what all of that was about since you worked together, you being his PR.

"What have you been playing at lately?" You asked with confusion, rushing your words slightly because his first interview that Friday morning was a few minutes away. "I know this is going to sound crazy and I'm sorry if I'm being paranoid and getting the wrong impression, but why have you been going out of your way to touch me lately, especially in public?"

After comprehending your words, Daniel was going to agree that you were being paranoid and that is was nothing, but just as his lips were about to part, he decided that he couldn't lie to you, his cheeks flushing scarlet as he lowered his head, Daniel being ready to tell you the truth.

"Well, as you know I love spending time with you. We both know we spend more time together during a race weekend than most other drivers and PRs," Daniel began softly, making sure his voice was lowered in case anyone was trying to listen to your conversation. "We both know that we mean more to each other than work collegues should and lately, I can't help but notice that people are loving the sight of us together, always demanding more adorable photos."

Your heart was just starting to melt, but it was Daniel's final few words which completely ruined the mood for you, you beginning to think that he was always so nice to you, and even flirtatious towards you, just to improve his image and just to become somehow even more likeable. You fell silent for a few moments because you knew that Daniel wasn't the type to use you, causing you to fill with conflicting feelings.

"This might sound awful, Dan but I'm just going ton be honest with you I can't decide whether you genuinely like me or whether you're just flirting with me for attention," you admitted hesitantly, knowing that Daniel wasn't a bad person, but just needing to get your thoguhts and feelings off your chest. "Are you only flirting to make people jealous? To make people think you're in a relationship? To get the increased media attention?"

Daniel vigorously shook his head at the sound of those words, filling with guilt because he realised the way his actions must have been coming across. Before responding to you verbally, he pulled you a few metres away, making sure hat you were as out of sigh from the cameras as you were able to get as much privacy as possible.

"I do admit, I have been wanting people to see how adorable we are together, but that's only because if you were to ever be mine, I would be so proud of that," Daniel replied warmly, causing you to allow your heart to melt. "Every time I've flirted with you physically or verbally, I've done it because I've been trying to give you hints. I desperately wanted you to know how I feel, but I just couldn't get the words out of my mouth."

Now learning that Daniel shares your feelings, you couldn't prevent yourself from pressing a gentle peck to your lips, both of you being desperate to deepen it, but knowing that you would be the topic of conversation throughout the entire paddock.

"You genuinely feel the same?" You asked in amazement, your cheeks turning crimson afterwards because you asked that question louder than intended, but luckily, no one looked in your direction. "I always thought you would consider me as nothing other than my PR. I never thought I would stand a chance with you."

Yourself and Daniel flung your arms tightly around each other as you beamed at each other, the two of you not having a care in the world that many people seemed to notice this becase all that mattered to either of you was that you would finally be able to be together.

"So, now can I finally be able to call you my girlfriend?" Daniel whispered hopefully, his eyes illuminating at the thought.

You didn't hesitate to agree to this, before yourself and Daniel made your way back over to the media pen with your arms wrapped tightly around each other, both of you not caring about the attention which this attracted because it all seemed so positive, everyone saying that they just knew that you would end up together and that you were the perfect couple.