591 - Pierre Gasly

Requested by PamAndersonFan

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife Mandolin016 Garrixer_06 patka_1311 V8Fan4eva

591: You're a junior driver, driving in an FP1 session for the driver's team.

Entering the Alpha Tauri garage that Friday morning after countless journalists had been eager to interview you in the media pen, your body lightly began to shake as a mixture of nerves and excitement book over. Being not only a current F2 driver, but also a Red Bull junior driver, you had been in the garage many times before to observe Pierre and Yuki, but what was different this time was that you were about to take part in your first FP1 session for the team. As you made your way over to Pierre's car, the car which would be your own for the session, your worry increased slightly incase he had anything against you for taking some valuable track time away from him, but it quickly became clear that the opposite was the case, you once again being forced to keep yourself together as the driver who you didn't know brilliantly, but who was always so nice to you caused your heart to flutter.

"You alright, Y/N? You're looking a little nervous," he said with concern, ripping you out of the deep trance which you had entered as you were gazing at his car in awe, still being in disbelief that you were about to drive it. "I know that was a bit of a stupid question because I know how you must be feeling since I've been in your position before, but just know that I think you're going to do amazingly and between you and me, I wouldn't be surprised at all if you were my teammate next season."

Pierre may not have stayed long enough for you to respond, the Frenchman moving a few metres away from you to talk to his engineer, but that didn't stop thoughts of him from filling your mind in the worst way possible. You were often doubtful of your own abilities and because of this, you doubted that you were going to win the F2 title as many people up and down the paddock were predicting, but Pierre's words stuck with you because you realised that you must surely have a large amount of talent if an F1 driver believed in you.

A short while later, a broad smile was spread across your lips under your helmet and balaclava as you crept down the pitlane as you internally screamed at yourself to stop thinking about Pierre, the driver who you had always admired and had a little crush on from afar, but your focus was brought right back to where it should be as you almost made contact with Lando, who seemed to be starting a flying lap, meaning that he wasn't going to slow down for you. At first, you worried that whole thing was your fault and that it would make you look bad, but your engineer was quick to praise you because of your lightning reaction time.

As was always the case when you were in the car, any feelings you had about anything off track completely vanished from your mind, this especially being the case because of how focused you were to complete the run plan and gather as much data as possible for the team. You may no longer have been thinking about Pierre, but unbeknownst to you, he was finding it impossible to get you out of his head, his eyes fixated to your name on the timing screens around the garage as he gazed at it in admiration. Pierre may have supposed to have been using the session to analyse data and be in conversation with team members, but it was finding it impossible to stop watching you flying around the track, your pace increasing with each and every lap. By the end of the session, you had managed to amaze everyone by getting into the top five, people now being even more convinced that you were one of F1's biggest stars of the future.

You let out a sigh of relief as you were making your way back into the garage to the sound of your team bursting into applause, you now finally being able to relax because you had clearly done them proud. You felt as though an enormous weight and pressure had been lifted off your shoulders as you were getting out of the car. You felt as though you couldn't have been happier, but that was until Pierre suddenly flung his arms tightly around you, barely giving your feet chance to touch the ground.

"That was incredible, Y/N! Maybe you could give me some tips sometime," said Pierre warmly as he held you at arms length after he had realised that your tight embrace had been lingering on for a bit too long.

As you were getting out of your helmet and balaclava, you were completely lost for words since you never imagined that an already established F1 driver would ever ask you for advice, but this was even more so the case as Pierre leant into your ear once you had ran your fingers through your hair to tidy your hair as best as you could.

"I would genuinely love your advice, but it may or may not be a professional excuse to spend some quality time with you, time where we could be getting to know each other more personally," he continued warmly, you feeling very giddy at the sound of the flirtatiousness in his voice.

"Seriously? I'd love that," you replied as calmly as you wre able, trying to minimise the joy in your voice, but being unable to prevent a broad smile from spreading across your lips.

Just as you were parting, you getting ready to ask Pierre where and when, you were interrupted by his engineer calling him over, but before he left you, Pierre quickly glanced behind you and pressed a gentle peck to your cheek once he noticed that no one was around, leaving you gazing after him dreamily, before you pulled yourself together, finding this almost impossible though because it seemed as though you had gotten yourself a date with the man who you always wanted, but felt as though would be impossible for you to get.