649 - Mick Schumacher

Requested by WHIFF99

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife LaaSports luminousmoonlight Formula_forever TheOnlyL1 drugo_babe

TRIGGER WARNING
Mentions of anxiety and insecurity

Disclaimer
This was written before the start of the 2022 season

649: "Do you have any idea what it's like to hear you, the love of my life, crying into my chest, telling me you hate yourself when I feel the exact opposite?"

Laying faced down on the shared bed of yourself and your boyfriend, Mick, you wailed into your pillow, your arms being wrapped around the back of it as you clung to it for dear life. During this time, you were thinking of how during the 2021 season, yourself and Mick considered the day where he would score his first point in F1 to be one of the occasions which you were most looking forward to in the future. However, it was only once that had happened at the Bahrain Grand Prix, the first race of the 2022 season, that you were feeling the complete opposite, you overflowing with guilt that you were unable to be there to support him.

Your bawling was uncontrollable during most waking moments between the end of the race and when Mick arrived home at last the following day. You took a long, large sniff from your bedroom as you heard him pulling down the door handle, trying to minimise your tears, but being unable to do this due to how a small part of you wanted to be able to pull him into your arms the second he had gotten out of his Haas. You let out a small sigh of relief as you heard him bounding up the stairs, heading straight for your bedroom because when you're feeling low, there's nothing you want more than for him to be by your side.

"Liebling! I've done i-" Mick began with euphoria after throwing your bedroom door open, before his expression completely changed to one of sorrow at the sight of you. "Y/N! What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

Mick didn't hesitate to crash down beside you, immediately wrapping an arm around your shoulders as he pulled you as firmly into his side as he was able. You buried your head into the crook of his neck as you continued to blubber, silence then descending over you both for a few moments, before you attempted to pull yourself together by taking a shaky, deep breath.

"I'm so sorry for not being there for you this weekend. I'm so sorry to have never gone to one of your races before, but I just can't face it," you sniffed softly with shame, you being undecided about whether you wanted Mick to be able to hear those words.

Mick sympathetically rested his head on top of yours as he was filled with curiosity. Over the past year since you had been together, Mick had always completely respected your decision not to attend his race weekends without asking any questions and as much as he would never pressure you to go with him, he couldn't help but wonder why.

"What do you mean you can't face it?" Mick asked you cautiously once he had cupped your cheeks to make you lift your head up and look at him. "You know I don't mind you staying home, but I'd love to know the reason why you don't come to my races."

Yourself and Mick then fell into a much more insufferable silence as you were trying to figure out how was best to tell him. What you were about to say was something which you had always kept from Mick because of how stupid you felt, but you knew it would be best to get it off your chest and since you knew him so well, you knew deep down that he would never judge you and that he would always be there to support you.

"The truth is, I hate myself, Mick. I don't feel good enough," you admitted shyly as you lowered your head, being unable to face looking at Mick for any longer. "Each and every weekend, I know there are girls in the paddock who are so much more beautiful than me, so much more successful than me and because I'm not from the same rich and famous world, I don't feel like I belong in the paddock. I've never gone to one of your races because I know I'll feel like an outsider if I do."

Your words had rendered Mick speechless. He had no idea what to say because of how much your insecurities came as a shock to him since you always wrongly felt the need to keep your feelings to yourself and be strong whenever you were around him or anyone else.

"Mick?" You eventually spoke up with worry, not realising that he was so quiet because of how deeply your words felt like they had cut through him.

"Do you have any idea what it's like to hear you, the love of my life, crying into my chest, telling me you hate yourself when I feel the exact opposite?" Mick asked you with sadness a few tears trickling down his own cheeks "You can't listen to these awful thoughts in your mind, Y/N. I consider you to be the most beautiful of them all and I don't care about your background. Instead, I care about your amazing personality. When the thought of these girls is getting you down, just remember that they're nothing compared to you. They'll never be anywhere near you because they're not my Y/N."

Your first broad smile in days spread across your lips, you beaming at Mick, before you flung your arms tightly around his neck since he knew exactly how to comfort you. You may have still been unsure about whether you would be able to face going into the paddock, but you made a promise to yourself that you would at least consider the idea because Mick had reminded you that whenever he was by your side, you felt like you could do anything.