237 - Oscar Piastri

Requested by alelealeooo

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife archivebooks

Disclaimer
I know that McLaren have said yesterday (Saturday) that Daniel will be racing in Bahrain, but that will not be the case in this one shot.

237: "I've always hated F1 girlfriends, but now I'm one of them."

Ever since you became an F1 driver driving for McLaren at the start of the 2022 season, your heart had never sweltered with more pride than it did when it was confirmed that Alpine were allowing McLaren to use your boyfriend, Oscar as a reserve driver if needed. You loved the thought of the love of your life either driving alongside you or replacing you for whatever reason due to just how much you had loved your team ever since you were a child, but before your teammate, Daniel had tested positive for COVID, you never thought that this would ever become a reality.

However, once yourself and Oscar had returned to your hotel room that Thursday evening after sharing a track walk together, you couldn't help but notice that he was grinning broadly from ear to ear, Oscar seeming to be cheerful and full of energy, which surprised you because of the long day which you had both had with meetings with your teams and media duties. All you wanted to do was cuddle up with Oscar beneath your covers and drift off to sleep in his arms, but something told you that he had way too much energy for that and intended on staying up a lot later.

"What's that huge smile for?" You asked with a chuckle of amusement at how Oscar just couldn't seem to keep still, you sitting on the edge of your bed whilst he was excitedly pacing up and down your room, seeming to be in a deep trance. "I'm not complaining because you know how much I love your smile, but I'm just surprised you don't seem to be as tired as I am."

Your body jumped slightly with surprise as you didn't expect Oscar to spring down beside you, the Australian's body lightly shaking with excitement as he took both of your hands in his.

"You're not going to believe this, Y/N!" Oscar began with elation, his joy spreading to you and causing a wide smile to spread across your lips. "I've waited until now to tell you because I didn't want to say anything on the track walk where there was others around since it won't be announced until the morning, but before our walk, I got a call from Andreas. Daniel still isn't feeling well, so they want me in the car this weekend! I'm going to be your teammate, Y/N!" 

You joyfully clapped both of your hands tightly over your mouth as you were completely lost for words. Not only were you excited for Oscar to drive alongside you in what you considered to be the best team on the grid, not only were you eagerly anticipating how attractive he was going to look in McLaren clothing, but you were most gleeful that Oscar was going to be your teammate once again full stop as you wouldn't be together today if you weren't teammates in Formula Renault and at the end of that season, you both told each other about how it was your dream to be teammates once again someday, but in F1.

"I obviously hope Daniel has a speedy recovery, but I'm still so ex-" Oscar continued enthusiastically, before his words were cut off by your lips crashing onto his, you capturing them in a passionate kiss.

Oscar didn't hesitate to deepen it as you both smiled broadly into it whilst wrapping your arms tightly around each other and holding the other as closely as possible to you. Your lips didn't part until you had no choice but to come up for air, but as you were gasping for breath, you beamed at each other, you now no longer wanting to go to bed because Oscar's energy had become infectious after you had heard that amazing news.

"I can't believe this! I'm so proud you! You deserve this because of all your hard work!" You said ecstatically once you had caught your breath, your cheeks starting to ache because your enormous smile refused to narrow as you were speaking. "I always knew I was going to say this to you someday, but I'm so glad it's happened sooner rather than later, I've always hated F1 girlfriends, but now I'm one of them."

It was as those words left your lips that the fact that he would be able to say that he had been an F1 driver after this weekend started to sink in, the fact that he was going to drive in F1 feeling more like a reality, rather than some sort of amazing dream or fantasy for him.

"You will be able to call yourself and F1 girlfriend and there's no one who I would be more proud to have by my side this weekend," Oscar replied affectionately, your heart melting as he took both of your hands in his once more. "You've got no idea how proud it makes me to be able to say that I'm with someone as equally hard working as I am and that I'm not with someone who is only with me for my money and for their five minutes of fame, someone who thinks they don't have to make a living for themselves and can just sponge off me."

For the next few hours, yourself and Oscar entered a deep conversation about the upcoming weekend, you telling him everything he would need to know to succeed at being a McLaren F1 driver for the weekend. This lead to neither of you getting much sleep that night because both those serious, more professional conversations and your celebrations lasted for most of the night.