139 - Max Verstappen

Requested by anna131107

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife Garrixer_06 luminousmoonlight lbushey madmaxstan

139: "I won't let anyone hurt you ever again."

Being beneath the midnight sky in Monaco with nowhere to go and having way too many heavy bags than you were able to carry, tears were gushing down your face as you sprinted to the building of the apartment which had always felt far more like home to you than your now ex boyfriend's apartment, which he had just kicked you out of. You were hurrying to the apartment of one of your best friends, Max, who had always felt more like a big brother to you since your parents had always been close and were the other's godparents. After being forced to leave your now former home, you decided to go to Max without a second thought, but it was once you were inside his apartment building, gasping for breath once you had came to a stop outside of his front door, that you were beginning to wonder if he would be as open and welcoming to you as you were hoping. Afterall, it was late at night, you having no idea if he was still awake and being well aware that he hated being woken up when he was sleeping due to your sleepovers as children. You took a shaky deep breath as you raised your fist to gently tap on his door, before plucking up the courage to knock a little louder because you knew that there would be no way he would have heard you. Once you did, you felt like you were waiting an eternity for him to answer the door, you even turning around and heading back towards the lift when you became convinced that he wasn't going to answer, but as you did, your body jolted at the sound of the door slowly sliding open since Max was convinced that the knock was just in his imagination.

"Y/N!" He exclaimed with shock once you had turned back around to face him, Max pulling down the bottom of his shirt with one of his hands, it seeming as if he had rushed to get it back on before coming to the door. "What are you doing here and with your thi-"

The Dutchman then cut himself off as he realised exactly why you had came to his apartment so late at night with your things, Max knowing exactly what your ex could be like and having always warmed you about him.

"He didn't just end things and kick you out, did he?" Max asked with outrage, his hands clenching into fists by his sides at the sight of the tears which were continuing to fall down your cheeks.

Max flung his arms tightly around you once he had nodded, not hesitating to lead you inside his apartment as he wrapped an arm around your shoulders. After closing the door behind him, he immediately took your bags off you, being able to see that they were massively slowing you down and that holding them was causing you to wince in pain due to the aching which you were experiencing. Before even so much as thinking about where your things were going to go, Max wrapped his arms tightly around you and pulled your head down into his chest, his heart aching at the sound of the muffled sniffles which you were letting out against him. Due to the safety which Max's arms provided you with, you knowing that you were able to fully show your vulnerabilities, your crying became even heavier as you thought about not only your relationship which had just ended, but the couple of failed relationships which you were also in before that, you feeling as though any guys in the future were just going to leave you in the way which they had.

"I won't let anyone hurt you ever again," said Max firmly as he rested his chin on the top of your head, his anger not being directed at you in the slightest, but rather at the situation which you had found yourself in. "And just to make sure that happens, I'll gladly be the one who takes over the role of loving you, of taking care of you."

Because of how passionately Max felt about those words, they left his lips without any thought whatsoever, it only being once he had spoken, that he realised that he had just admitted the way which he had always truly felt about you. After realising what he had said, Max let go of you, before clapping his hands tightly over his mouth, this preventing you from seeing just how scarlet his cheeks had flushed.

"Y/N, I-" began Max softly, desperately wanting to apologise for what he had just said, but the words being unable to leave his lips.

The Dutchman then scrunched his eyes tightly together, feeling as though he was unable to look at any part of you, let alone into your eyes, before he took a shaky deep breath, preparing himself to attempt to speak once again.

"I-I wish I could say I regret what I just said, that it just slipped out without meaning anything, but I can't do that. That would be the biggest lie I've ever told," Max continued, clasping his sweaty palms tightly together as he started to feel sick to his stomach. "I love you, Y/N. I always have and I've always loved you way more than like a sibling."

Max's apartment was then plunged into silence, you being in complete and utter disbelief about what he had just said. You had to repeat his words in your mind before responding because part of you was convinced that it was all in your imagination.

"Forget it before things are ruined between-" began Max with panic rushing his words he his heart violently pounded against his chest, before you were the one to cut his sentence short this time.

"There's nothing to forget. You've got no idea how long I've been wanting you to say that to me," you began warmly, taking Max's hands in yours, which caused him to let out a long, loud sigh of relief. "It's always been you, Max, but until now, I denied my feelings for you. I thought I surely mustn't love you as anything more than a brother, but now that I know otherwise, nothing would make me happier than for you to do those things."

It was now your turn for your heart to race, but this being in the best possible way as Max closed the distance between your lips, you gladly deepening the kiss which he had initiated once your lips had connected. Once you had pulled away, you beaming at each other as Max cupped your cheeks in order to dry your final few tears. Yourself and Max may have been unable to deny that you were both exhausted, but you both still pulled an all ngihter, talking about moments which had lead you to the present, such as when you first discovered you had feelings for each other, as well as talking about the future, how neither of you could see a future without the other romantically in it.