290 - Max Verstappen

Requested by madmaxstan

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife Garrixer_06 luminousmoonlight lbushey madmaxstan

290: "Happy birthday!"

You were unable to remember a time were you had felt more glum on the night before your birthday than you did on this particular year. You let out a deflated sigh as you laid down, pulling the covers tightly under your chin as you rolled over onto your side, resting your head on your boyfriend, Max's pillow. The edges of your lips curled into a small smile as you breathed in his heavenly scent, before your expression hardened as you remembered that Max was the very reason you were so miserable. You knew how important it was to him to be able to successfully defend his first world title, but you thought that your relationship was more important to him than that, it certainly not feeling that way because he chose to spend a few days in the factory rather than being home and celebrating with you.

You irritably tossed and turned for the next couple of hours, you being unable to get comfortable because of how much you were thinking about how you wished that you were currently drifting off to sleep in Max's arms.

The next thing you knew, you had woken up in the middle of the night, feeling wide awake and still yearning for the feeling of Max's touch. At first, you let out a groan of frustration as you turned back over to face Max's side of the bed, to face the window, to see that it was still dark enough to be the middle of the night and there were no signs of daylight, but it was once you had, that an enormous smile spread across your lips at the sight of Max laying beside you, beaming as he did.

"Happy birthday, schat," he said casually and sleepily as if you completely expected him to be there.

"Max?" You replied with elation, energy rushing through your body as you rushed to fling your arms tightly around him. "What are you doing here? Even when I tried to talk you out of it, you were still adamant that you were spending a few days in the factory."

All the frustration and anger which you were previously experiencing had now completely vanished, the only important thing to you being that Max was with you now, regardless of whether he originally intended to be.

"I did spend a few days at the factory, but it was always my plan to come home and surprise you tonight," replied Max lovingly, pulling your head down onto his chest as you both somehow managed to tighten your arms even further around each other. "You didn't honestly think I was going to miss your birthday, did you?"

Not bothering to answer that question in case it would start arguments, you simply let out a sigh of contentment as you adjusted your head on Max's chest in order for you to be able to take in as much warmth as you were able from his Red Bull hoodie. Within a matter of minutes, you had drifted off to sleep once more to the sound of Max filling your ears with sweet nothings and the next thing you knew, sunlight was piercing through your curtains and the space beside you was once again empty, making you fear that it was all a dream, but you soon let out a sigh of relief at the sight of the crumpled sheet beside you and how the covers of Max's side of the bed were pulled back. As your eyes were beginning to adjust to the light just as you were wondering where Max was, you heard footsteps carefully making their way upstairs and towards your room, you clapping your hands tightly over your mouth moments later at the sight of Max entering with a tray.

"I'm so sorry for making you think I would be here with you today, so I made you breakfast," he said apologetically as you sat up, lifting your knees up for him to place the tray onto them.

"Max?" You then called after him curiously as he left your room without saying another word when you were hoping that he was going to get back beneath the covers with you.

However, Max didn't respond, you raising your eyes brows as you tried to think of where he could be going and why he was being so secretive, but once you began to eat the pancakes in front of you, you knew exactly why Max had disappeared, there being a small note around the back of your plate. Max would often leave you little affectionate notes because he always found it difficult to express his feelings in words to you, Max never allowing himself to be around when you would read the notes with the fear that he was being too corny. This particular one read:

Happy birthday, my angel. You may be a year older today, but that doesn't make you any less beautiful. In fact, you become even more breathtaking each and every time I see you. Age really is treating you well and I can't wait to see just how much more beautiful you're going to become over time, which I'm sure is going to happen each and every year for the rest of our lives.
Love always and forever,
Max

Putting your tray down beside you, you swung your legs over the edge of your bed, before you rushed down the stairs, entering the living room, before you crashed down onto the sofa beside Max and threaded your arm through his as you rested your head in the crook of his neck.

"I read your note. You really need to stop being so ashamed of them, you know because you always say the sweetest things," you said lovingly as Max rested his chin on your forehead. "Your note has made my birthday even more special."

"You think it's especial? You just wait until the end of the day when I'll make sure we have a time today which we're never going to forget," responded Max cheerfully, leaving you waiting in suspense, but you knowing rhat Max meant each and every one of those words.