607 - George Russell

Requested by WHIFF99

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife Garrixer_06 luminousmoonlight

607: "You wrote me a love letter?!"

You filled with disappointment as you watched your great friend, George rushing out of your house, being unable to get out quickly enough after he had given you your birthday present, a large box with lots of little presents inside. You raised your eyebrows in confusion as you watched him dashing over to his car through your living room widow as you tried your best to think what you could have possibly done to upset him since on your other birthdays, he would usually give you your presents a few days early due to his busy racing schedule and would always insist that you would open them right there and then in front of him.

It was because of the way whuch things always used to be, it didn't feel nowhere near as special for you to pull the folds of the box down over the edges alone, you being nowhere near as joyful as you would normally be as you took your first present out. However, a broad smile spread across your lips once you realised what it was, it being a photo album of the two of you. Your heart melted as you slowly turned the first few pages at the sight of photos of the two of you in karting when you first became friends. Presents like this always meant far more to you than more expensive ones such as handbags and perfume, which is what the rest of your presents were like, George feeling comfortable to buy you things like that because he knew exactly what you liked.

When you reached the bottom of the box, you noticed that there was a sheet of slightly crumpled material as there normally would be at the bottom of the package and it was when you held the box in your arms, ready to throw it away, you noticed that what looked like a sheet of paper was sticking out of one of the sides. You didn't think much of it as you removed the material, but your eyes widened with intregue once you noticed that there was a piece of paper with writing on it. As you pulled it out of the box, you made it out to be George's, it only being when you held it in front of your eyes that you realsied just what this was, the first few words which you read causing the paper to slip out of your hands before you clapped your hands tightly over your mouth with surprise as you tried to comprehend the words.

"'Y/N, my beautiful Y/N,'" You read out uner your breath as you were bending down to pick the letter back up, being astounded that George addressed you in that way since he had never done before. "'If you're reading this, then I'll know I didn't choose a very good hiding spot, but I tried to keep it hidden because I've got no idea of whether I want you to read this. I really hope you don't hate me for not having the guts to say these words in person, but the truth is, I'm completely and madly in love with you, Y/N. I always have been ever since the first time I watched you winning a karting race after I'd become aware of what romantic feelings were. I know you eventually weren't able to go on to have a racing carer of your own, but I think back to those moments how you managed to blow everyone away with your talent and it's because of this, that you're my biggest motivation out on track, that along with how I'm always able to see your breathtaking smile in my mind, being able to imagine the words of encouragement you would be giving me if you were in my garage with me. What I'm trying to say is, I appreciate just how lucky I am to have you in my life when I'm both on track and away from you or spending time with you in person and I'm going to leave you with a very important question, will you be mine? Love always, George.'"

You were plunged into a deep silence after hearing those words since it felt so surreal to you that George shared the feelings which you'd had for him for just as long. Once you had read over the letter a few more times, you rushed over to your phone and eagerly clicked on George's number, now knowing exactly why he had left so quickly due to his nerves. Your heart started to pound against your chest after a few attempts as he wasn't asnwering, you letting out a sigh of relief when he finally did just as you were about to give up.

"So, Y/N, did you like your presents? There was nothing there you didn't like I hope," George spoke up quickly as soon as he had answered, not even giving you chance to speak first because he was fearing the worst.

"I loved every single one of them, but I loved one in particular just a little bit more," you repleid warmly as you fondly gazed down at the letter in your free hand. "If you're not busy with training or anything like that, how about yuo come back over so we can talk about it?"

George reluctantly agreed, having no idea how he was supposed to get himself out of it. As he drove back to yours, thoughts about what you were going to say to him were spiralling around in his mind as he tried to convince himself that you hadn't seen the letter and wanted to show him how appreciatitive you were about another one of his presents.

Still with the letter in hand, you rushed to your front door as you seen his car pulling up, you flinging your arms tightly around his neck the second you had opened the door.

"You wrote me a love letter?!" You asked in amazement, George beaming at you because of the excitement in your voice as he reached behind himself to close the door. "That's the sweetest thing anyone's ever done for me and to answer your question, yes, I'd love to be yours!"

George didn't hesitate to crash his lips against yours in a heated kiss, curling his arms around your waist as he did in order to pull you closer. The two of you repeated that moment many times throughout the day to make up for lost time, especially when the two of you spend your first night together that night, you considering this to be the perfect way to end what you considered to be your best birthday so far.