124 - Max Verstappen

Requested by auguriaep

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife Garrixer_06 luminousmoonlight lbushey madmaxstan

124: "I'd do anything if it means I can have you back in my arms." 

Being snuggled up in your bed with your cover being pulled up to your chin, you let out a deflated sigh that morning as it was yet another morning of heartbreak for you. You had lost count of the number of mornings over the past two years when you had felt like this and it was because your reason for feeling this way was due to a man, that you were even more frustrated. Your ex boyfriend, Max may have been the love of your life, the man who you thought you were going to have a future with, but even so, you still didn't think it would be possible to go so long without getting over someone. You had spent many mornings in the exact same way, being unable to get Max off your mind, clinging to the idea that he was in the exact same position because you knew he still loved you when you broke up, you knew that the decision for him to end things to be able to focus more on his racing career was an almost impossible one for him to make. Every single morning, you would fantasise about it finally being the day when he would ask to take you back, but as you got out of bed that morning, dragging your feet across your bedroom floor, you had no idea that your manifestations would finally become your reality.

Living in the same tiny country of Monaco, you found it amazing how yourself and Max still hadn't crossed paths in two years, how you had managed to avoid each other and it was because of how long you had gone without seeing his face, that the shock of seeing him again hit you harder than you had ever expected. There may have been only few quiet places in Monaco where you could go to clear your head, but you were aimlessly walking that morning, focusing on each and every building you past, wanting to think about anyone or anything apart form Max. However, this strategy stopped working for you when you stopped dead just as you were passing his apartment building, you gazing up at one of the windows which you knew were his longingly, tears welling up in your eyes in the happy memories which you had made behind those windows. You became lost in a trance and it was only when he appeared in the window, that you realised just how long you had been staring. Max clapped his hands tightly over his mouth with shock at the sight of you, but you were unable to see this because he had vanished as quickly as he had appeared, but little did you know, that was because of how he was darting down the stairs of his building, being eager to see you.

"Y/N?" He asked with surprise, broad smiles spreading across both of your lips as you were standing in front of each other. "I don't believe it! I-I I'm probably the last person you want to see, but I seen you from my window and I just had to come and talk to you because it's been way too long."

It was because of his bubbling nerves and excitement, that Max didn't realise that you were just as pleased to see him as he was you. It was because of his enormous smile, that you let out a sigh of relief under your breath because at least you now knew that Max had no negative thoughts towards you.

"It really has, Max," you replied with deflation as your sadness returned, you realising that Max was just likely trying to be nice and that his happiness didn't prove that he wanted you back. "I still miss you a lot, you know. It still feels like it was only yesterday that you left my life. Oh, and by the way, you're actually the person who I want to see the most."

Max's eyes twinkled brightly at your final words which had a hint of flirtatiousness, Max trying to keep his smile as narrow as he was able as he looked from you, back behind himself to his building several times.

"I've really missed you too. How about you come inside and we can have a proper catch up?" Max suggested hopefully, it being his turn to let out a sigh of relief as you didn't hesitate to agree to this.

It felt overwhelming for you as you entered Max's apartment because of the countless memories which came flooding back to you, some being not so great, but most being what you still regarded as some of the best memories of your life. Once he had made you both a drink, things were slightly awkward at first as you were sitting on the sofa, there just being some general small talk between you, unlike the interesting, flowing conversations which you always used to have. Whilst you were talking, you couldn't help but notice that Max was frequently fiddling his fingers as he was looking down to your feet and it was just as you were about to reassure him that he didn't need to be nervous around you, that he began to speak once more, but this time, his direct words told you that he was no longer just trying to make small talk.

"I'll do anything if it means I can have you back in my arms," he suddenly blurted out, being unable to keep his feelings to himself for any longer. "Not a day has gone by since our breakup that I haven't thought about you, that I haven't regretted ending things with you. It was only once it was too late that I realised rather than being a weakness and a distraction to me, you were actually my greatest strength, my biggest motivator."

You felt as though you were in some sort of dream at the sound of those words since you imagined that a situation like that would only ever happen in your fantasies. Now knowing that Max felt the exact same way, you threw your arms tightly around the back of his neck as you shuffled closely to him, Max capturing your lips in a passionate kiss before you were able to respond to him.

"You've got no idea how much I've been wanting to hear you say that," you replied lovingly once he pulled away, the two of you holding the other at arms length as you beamed at them. "I've spent every single day since our breakup wishing that we were still together. Just half an hour ago, I would never have imagined that these words would ever leave my lips, but does this mean that we can give things another go between us?"

Your heart began to race as you waited for Max's response, those few seconds feeling like an eternity.

"Of course! There's nothing I want more than to be able to call you my own again," replied Max affectionately, taking both of your hands in his as he gave them an assuring squeeze.

It may have been expected that after two years, yourself and Max would take things slowly, get to know each other again, but none of that was necessary, the two of you picking things straight back up from where you left off. As of that night, you moved back in with Max, it feeling as though you had just had a break from your relationship for a few days or weeks, rather than a breakup which had lasted for two years.