1,9 - Logan Sargeant

Requested by MartinaHoner

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife

TRIGGER WARNING
Mentions of anxiety and a panic attack

1: "Shh, just breathe, I've got you, you're safe." 

9: "Is that my hoodie?"

Roughly an hour before testing in Bahrain was about to begin, you were starting to realise why shutting yourself off in your motorhome was a bad idea. You were sitting on your sofa with nothing but your unhelpful thoughts for company, the eerie silence of your motorhome causing them to dominate your mind as they swirled around, seemingly with no escape. You would usually look forward to F1 testing because it would hype you up even further for the start of the season, but things were different this year. Driving for McLaren, it may have been expected that you would often be behind your teammate, Lando, but what you weren't prepared for was the hate on social media which you would receive because of it, everyone saying that F1 had made a huge mistake to allow a woman to race. The only positive for you was that you had your boyfriend, Logan with you that weekend, but you couldn't spend as much time together as you would like because he was busy with Williams.

Knowing that the morning session was soon going to start, you took a deep breath in an attempt to pull yourself together, you knowing that you were going to have to show yourself sooner or later, but just as you were about to leave after having plucked up all of your courage, you realised you weren't going anywhere as your breathing became out of control. Knowing exactly what was happening, you got to your feet with shaking legs and made your way over to the back of your desk chair, where you grabbed Logan's Williams hoodie which he had left because you always found his scent so comforting during a panic attack when he couldn't be there to calm you down himself. You threw yourself back down onto your sofa, wrapping the hoodie tightly around your shoulders as your breathing was becoming even more erratic, you pulling some of the material up to your nostrils and taking a long, loud sniff as your vision became slightly blurred and you became largely unaware of what was going on around you. Moments later, you didn't even realise that your door had opened, Logan being in search for his hoodie, but the second he had closed it behind him, he rushed over to you, crashing down beside you on the sofa, before flinging his arms tightly around you and pulling your head down onto his chest.

"Shh, just breathe, I've got you, you're safe," he said softly, resting his chin on top of your head as he held you as closely to him as he was able. "Just follow my breathing and it'll all be over soon, baby."

There was no one who you trusted more in the world than Logan and it was because of this that you pressed your chest firmly into his own, you immediately finding the rise and fall of his chest relaxing. Your breathing gradually returned to normal as Logan was filling your ears with affectionate words of praise. You may have eventually calmed down, but that didn't stop your worries, tears beginning to trickle down your cheek as you gazed up at Logan, who cupped one of them in each of his hands, delicately wiping your tears away with his thumbs.

"What happened, babe. What made you like that?" He asked with concern as his soothing caressing of your cheeks continued even when they were largely dry. "You're not still worrying about how you're going to compare to Norris, are you?"

You nodded shyly as you took yet another deep breath with the fears that Logan was going to think you were being stupid, but to your surprise a broad smile spread across your lips as his eyes filled with love as they met your own.

"You've got nothing to worry about and I wish you'd realise just how talented you are," replied Logan warmly, causing the edges of your lips to curl up into a small smile. "Of course you weren't going to be fully up to speed with Norris last season because it was your rookie season, but this season, you've got a clean slate, especially because of the new regulations. You've just got to believe in yourself and trust me when I tell you that you're one of the fastest drivers on the grid. I mean, I think the fact that you won successive F2 and F3 titles proves just how talented you are."

"How is it that you always know exactly what to say?" You asked affectionately as you snuggled your head into his chest once more.

"I'm only telling the truth," replied Logan casually, trying to act as if it was nothing and if he wasn't intending to be loving, before he looked down at you with slight surprise as he realised what you were wearing. "Is that my hoodie?"

"You know I feel closer to you when I wear it, so it was like you were comforting me before you got here," you admitted, letting out a small giggle as you did because you were of how corny you likely sounded.

"You don't need to explain yourself to me. You can wear it whenever you like," replied Logan sweetly, before he wrapped his arms around himself as he lightly shivered. "But if we're leaving now, could I have it back? It's not as warm out there as I expected today? Oh and another request, could you promise that you're going to realise your talent, realise that you're so much better than you think?"

You immediately gave Logan his hoodie back, but were hesitant to agree to his second request, your lips quivering as your words struggled to leave your lips.

"We're not going anywhere until you agree and then you could be late," replied Logan firmly, but whilst also overflowing with love at the same time.

"Fine, I'm a lot more talented than I give myself credit for and I'm going to be so much more competitive this season," you agreed with an uncomfortable laugh, cringing as you spoke.

After hearing those words, Logan certainly felt a lot happier leaving your motorhome, being in the back of the McLaren garage during the session and supporting you unconditionally through it all.