313 - Dennis Hauger

I can't find the comment to tell me who requested this one.

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife jadnhossler925

313: "I've never stopped loving you."

For the majority of the 2021 season, there was nothing which you loved more than to attend race weekends. This wasn't only because your dad was a top engineer for the junior category team, Prema, but it was also because you were able to spend time with one of his drivers and your boyfriend, Dennis. However, ever since Dennis had won the F3 championship towards the end of the season, you had been feeling the exact opposite, the Norwegian ending things with you when you got back to the hotel that evening because of how much he wanted to focus on his career, because of how determind he was to win the F2 title in 2022 without any distractions.

Ever since Sochi 2021, you still had no choice but to frequently see Dennis, but like you had began to do, the two of you had been trying your best to avoid each other during the weekend of the 2022 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix, it still hurting you that you would both feel the need to look away from the other whenever you would see them because the truth was, you were finding it impossible to get over Dennis as you genuinely thought that he could be someone who you could eventually settle down with. It was for this reason that you couldn't stay away from him any longer, you deciding that you were finally going to have your first conversation since your breakup because of how much you wanted to try to make him see sense.

"Dennis, can we talk?" You called from behind him, just as his walking was starting to quicken so he could get away from you.

Dennis then stopped dead in his tracks, it taking him a few moments before he turned around to face you because he contemplated completely ignoring you, before remembering that wasn't a behaviour which he considered to be acceptable.

"I don't mean to sound rude, Y/N, but what have we got to say to each other?" Dennis asked you with confusion, trying his best not to sound too cold. "If you're going to say something like you think we should be friends, I don't think that's a good idea."

You didn't expect that a friendship would be able to form between yourself and Dennis, but that didn't prevent you feeling a painful pang through your heart, tears starting to well up in your eyes as it had been confirmed to you that Dennis didn't want you to be in his life in any shape of form.

"I wasn't expecting to be your friend, but I just want this awkwardness to be over betwen us," you replied with sorrow, your voice squeaking slightly as you attempted to rapidly blink away your tears.

It was in that moment when Dennis realised that seeing you upset had exactly the same effect on him as it did when you were together, Dennis just wanting to do everything in his power to make sure that you were alright, just like he would want to do when you were together.

"I wish things could be easier between us too," admitted Dennis softly, reaching out and resting a comforting hand on the top of your arm, which caused your heart to skip a beat as the edges of your lips curled up into a small smile. before he rushed to remove it because of the sparks which the touch was sending shooting around his body. "But they can't be."

"Why n-" you began with slight defensiveness, being unable to prevent your tears from beginning to trickle down your cheeks for any longer.

"They just can't," responded Dennis firmly, before he began to charge towards his motorhome.

As he did, tears began to form in his own eyes, Dennis hating the way he just hope to you, but knowing that if he didn't walk away from yuo then, he didn't know if he would ever be able to, which was why he reacted in the way he did when you chased after him, Dennis not stopping to look at you once more until his hand was resting on the handle of the door of his motorhome.

"I get that something's made you dislike me, but we can't go on like this. Whether we like it or not, we're always going to be spending time in the same paddock, so we need to learn how to tolerate each other," you said with desperation, there being plea in your voice for Dennis to stop acting in this cold way which you weren't used to from him.

Seconds later, you were letting out a gasp of surprise as his lips suddenly crashed against your own, capturing them in a heated kiss, a kiss which both of you wanted to last for so much longer, but both of you feeling as though you had no choice but to pull away because of the hustle and bustle of the paddock.

"The truth is Y/N, I've never stopped loving you," said Dennis with seriousness, this causing you to beam at him because these are words which you had wanted him to say since your breakup, but ones which you never imagined you would hear. "Leaving you to focus on my career seemed to be such a good idea in Sochi, but it was only over the off season that I began to realise just what I'd lost. I've missed you more than I can say and only now realise just how lucky I was to have you, but I've been avoiding you because I convinced myself that you'd never take me back."

Taking Dennis by the hand, you lead him discretely into his motorhome, flinging your arms tightly around him once you had closed the door behind you.

"I've never stopped loving you either. That's why it was hurting me so much that you were avoiding me," you began with sadness, before your warm smile returned. "I know I should be furious with you, but I just want to put all of that in the past and focus on our future together. Can we pick things back up from where we left off?"

"I'd love that," responded Dennis enthusiastically, letting out a sigh of relief now that the most important person in his life was back in it.

Throughout the rest of the weekend, he spent as much time with you as possible, wanting to make up for the time which you had lost together and by the time the weekend was coming to an end, it felt as though your brief breakup had never happened because of how natural it felt for you both to be together.