157 - Max Verstappen

Requested by madmaxstan

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife Garrixer_06 luminousmoonlight lbushey madmaxstan

157: "Are you crying? No, I think I'm crying!"

It wasn't uncommon that yourself and your best friend, Max would spend the day together, it wasn't uncommon that the two of you would spend time chilling in his apartment, but this particular day was different because the two of you would usually be lost in conversation, but this time, there was an insufferable silence looming over you as you were standing on his balcony. You convinced yourself that this had nothing to do with you and that Max's silence was because of how breathtalong it was to watch the sun setting over Monaco, the papaya and magenta in the sky beautifully reflecting onto the sea below. However, after a few moments, you internally let out a sigh of frustration, realising that Max had now witnessed countless Monegasqque sunsets and it was because of this, that he was mow largely unphased by them.

"Max?" You asked hesitantly with the fear of sounding completely ridiculous, your head remaining forward and you not so much as glancing to your right where he was standing. "I'm sorry if I'm going to sound stupid here. I'm sorry if I've got completely the wrong idea, but have I done something wrong? Is there a reason why you've been so quiet all day?"

Your heart began to pummel against your chest as Max let out a shaky deep breath, your nerves rapidly building at the sight of his own because you hadn't anticipated that your questions would be such difficult ones for him to answer.

"Well, as you know I ended my last relationship last week," Max began softly, it sounded as if he was fighting to manage to get his words to leave his lips, but it now making so much more sense to you why he would be so glum. "I've confessed to you for a while now that I didn't think it was working out, but there's a massive detail I left out, one which I thought I could never tell you. I really don't want to say this, but it's been eating up at me all day. Keeping it inside is making me miserable, so I need to get it off my chest and risk you hating me. Y/N, I ended my last relationship because you, my lifelong best friend, are the one I want to be with."

Immediately after hearing those words, you almost let out a few sniggers because your instant reaction was that this was some sort of joke, but it was when you quickly remembered just how serious of a person Max was and that he wasn't the joking type, you clapped your hands tightly over your mouth, knowing that he would never ever say something like that if he didn't mwan it. Before you were able to say anything, you found tears welling up in your eyes as your heart continued to race, but this time, it was in the best possible way, you being in complete and utter disbelief that Max would ever share your feelings. You then flung your arms tightly around his neck, letting out a sigh of relief because all the heartache you had experienced due to seeing your Max with other girls was now over.

"I don't believe this, Max! Those are words I've always wanted you to say to me, but I didn't think that you would ever fee the same," you sniffed in amazement as you held Max at arms length to see that he was beaming at you. "There's nothing I've ever wanted more than to be with you!"

Max surprised you once more by suddenly bursting into a fit of laughter, you raising your eyebrows because you weren't aware that you had said anything which was the slightest bit funny, but before you were able to ask him why he was chuckling in amusement, Max was the first to speak.

"Are you crying?" He howled, finding how emotional you had become very entertaining, but it was once he had asked that question that his cheeks flushed scarlet because Max found himself doing the exact same thing because of his joy that you would finally be able to be together. "No, I think I'm crying!"

The two of you let out a few giggles, before you cupped each other's cheeks, both of your thumbs gently caressing over the other's cheek in order to try the small amount of tears which were gliding down them.

"But can you blame me though? This is one of the happiest moments in my life because I finally get to call you mine," Max added affectionately, causing your heart to skip a beat as he closed the distance between your lips.

Max's lips slowly crept towards your own in case you weren't quite ready for this, but once you didn't pull away after his had gently landed on your own, Max didn't hesitate to deepen the kiss, the two of you smiling broadly into it as you thought about how you could never have predicted that this was the day you would get together, as you thought about how perfect this day was going to come and that it was going to be a day which you were going to remember for the rest of your lives.