612 - Max Verstappen

Requested by madmaxstan

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife Garrixer_06 luminousmoonlight lbushey madmaxstan

612: "I can't believe you were willing to stay awake with me all night."

Running your fingers through your hair as you let out a sigh of frustration that night whilst sitting at your computer, you looked up and out of the window in front of you to suddenly realise that it was now pitch black outside. You considered this to be a massive problem because you were an online writer, who wrote about your greatest passion, F1 and you hated the thought of disappointing your readers, you thinking this would be the case because you weren't feeling well, meaning that you hadn't posted anything so far that day. Initially, you had no idea where you were going to get your motivation from, but the edges of your lips curled up into a small smile seconds later as your phone, which was beside your computer on your desk pinged, your spirits raising slightly because of the excitable message which you had received from your great friend.

"'YOU NEVER GUESS WHO JUST NOTICED MY COMMENT SAYING HI ON A STREAM?"' You read out in shock under your breath, your surprise and enthusiasm growing with each and every word you read out.

After you had asked who, your friend literally made you guess. At first, you guessed some of her favourite drivers such as Alex Albon and Liam Lawson, but she finally gave in because she knew you would never get it right even though you were somewhat close because you were going with drivers who were linked with his team, Red Bull.

"'It's only your favourite driver, Y/N! It was only our current world champion, Max Verstappen, who now finally has a channel of his own!"' You read out in disbelief, clapping one of your hands tightly over your mouth as you read the message multiple times.

Max may have been your favourite driver, but he wasn't who immediately sprung to mind because of how he previously didn't have a streaming channel of his own and just sometimes appeared on others. It may not have been you who Max noticed, but you still filled with excitement because you would now be able to watch him stream. You took a few minutes to calm down, before you changed the topic of conversation to your lack of motivation since your friend always knew what to say to motivate you to write, but at that point, you could never have predicted that the words of encouragement you needed would not be coming form her.

"'I could get Max to tell you to write if you'd like,"' she responded.

You replied to her message with a simple 'yes', not getting your hopes up that Max would notice your comment because you assumed that he would be getting thousands and that he wouldn't care to motivate a random, ordinary woman who he had no idea existed. However, just seconds later, your friend sent you an audio recording of Max's on stream response.

"'You may not have said what your friend is trying to write, but just tell her that she'd better get on with it because she knows she can do it. She just needs to believe in her ability,'" said Max warmly, causing an enormous smile to spread across your lips as you shook your head in disbelief before you had even heard the rest of the audio. "'Why is she not watching for herself anyway? Tell her to get over here because I'm curious about who I'm trying to motivate now.'"

You almost let out a small squeak of excitement, before you took a deep breath to calm yourself down as you went onto Max's stream, you internally reminding yourself that Max may have been your favourite driver, but that didn't mean you should act like a lovestruck teenager when those years were behind you.

'"Thank you for the motivation. That means a lot coming from my favourite driver,"' you commented as your heartrate began to increase at the thought of Max responding to you directly, this being exactly what happened seconds later when Max replied with 'anytime'.

The stream didn't last for much longer, but you were frequently leaving comments based on Max was saying, people even pointing out in the comments that the stream was just largely becoming a conversation between you both. Once Max had ended the stream a few minutes later, you returned to focusing on your computer screen, being adamant that you would get your chapter out, but you had only managed to write a few words before your phone pinged once more, you grabbing it in astonishment to see that Max had sent you a DM.

'Hi, Y/N, I really enjoyed our small conversation and I can already tell that we've got a lot in common, both of us sharing a joint passion for F1 and Red Bull. Something about you is intriguing me and I'd love to continue getting to know you and hopefully someday we can meet in person. I hope to hear from you soon.'

All of your focus had left your story once more as you concentrated on Max's message, having no idea what to respond. In that moment, you were trying to limit your joy and be realistic, you telling yourself that yourself and Max could potentially exchange a few massages, but that would be it because of the amount of people who you expected would contact him, you being unable to predict the unrealistic, fairytale like romance which would soon develop between you.