643 - Felipe Drugovich

Requested by drugo_babe

643: "Don't let anyone tell us we're too old/young to be parents. I won't let the fans, the media or anyone else ruin our joyful news."

After yourself and your boyfriend, Felipe had announced to the world that you were expecting your first child, you were overcome with excitement at the thought of the next race weekend which you would attend with him as you could only imagine how overjoyed all of those who you were close to in the MP Motorsport team would be. However, now that day had finally arrived, now that yourself and Felipe were walking down the paddock in Imola, you realised that your fantasies would not become a reality. You entered the paddock with confidence, not seeing any reason not to feel this way, however, your confidence soon diminished once you realised some of the looks you were getting, some disgusted glances being more discrete than others, some being just small side glances, whilst others were deliberately attempting to make you upset and uncomfortable.

"Why is everyone staring at us like this?" You muttered to Felipe nervously, leaning into his ear as your grip on his hand tightened.

Just as Felipe was raising his eyebrows, about to tell you he had no idea because he was expecting the same elated reaction as you were, your questions were soon answered as the two of you were swarmed by journalists. Ready to make a run for it, Felipe was about to dahs to his motorhome once he realised what was going on, the two of you weren't so much as able to move an inch before you were completely circulated, your breathing quickening because of how trapped you were being made to feel.

"Felipe, Y/N! What do you have to say about your pregnancy?" A journalist called out eagerly to you both, before her expression became just as disgusted as many of the other reporter's were. "Am I right in thinking that it must have come as quite an unpleasant surprise that at twenty-one years old, you're expecting your first baby? Do you think the rumours have any truth to them Felipe, those being that Y/N deliberately tried to get herself pregnant just for media attention, just to attempt to jeopardise your racing career?"

Yourself and Felipe looked from the reporters to each other in complete and utter shock, neither one of you having heard something so ridiculous. You knew that Felipe didn't believe those rumours, but the reporter's questions still stung, especially because you had no idea where these rumours had come from, you having gone from being someone who was largely loved throughout the paddock for your kindness to someone who felt universally hated just for starting a family with the love of your life as yourself and Felipe had both planned to. Not being able to take any more of this, you barged through the crowd and rushed to Felipe's motorhome, slightly dragging him behind you as you sprinted, your heart not only pounding against your chest because of your speed, but also because everyone continued to mutter about you as you were dashing to get away.

After you had rushed into Felipe's motorhome, you flung yourself down onto the sofa, burying your head into your hands as you began to sob into them, but your tears reduced ever so slightly as Felipe sat down beside you, wrapping an arm around your shoulders to show you that he was there for you, which was exactly what he needed.

"Why were they asking questions like that?" You blubbered, your voice being muffled and barely understandable since you were talking into your hands. "How can they think I'd go through something so life changing just for media attention?"

"I have no idea, baby, but they're the ones who are wanting some big media story, not you, but I just can't believe they would make up such extreme rumours just to do that," replied Felipe, attempting to be reassuring, but being unable to prevent the anger in his voice from seeping through. "I know that there were so many people in the comments of our announcement posts who were saying that we lied about how we planned to have a baby and that we couldn't possibly have chosen to become pregnant at such a young age, but that's no excuse for all this to have happened. I know this is probably not going to make you feel much better, but don't let anyone tell us we're too young to be parents. I won't let the fans, the media or anyone else ruin our joyful news."

Those words were exactly what you needed to hear and they made you feel a lot better than Felipe had expected. As much as you couldn't help but dwell on the hateful questions which were fired your way not long ago, you agreed with Felipe in that no one else's opinions mattered and that no one had the right to make you feel guilty about having a baby at such a young age.

"You're right. You know that I don't have those awful intentions and that's all that matters. You're the only one whose opinion I care about and as long as you know that I want to have this baby because of how much I love you and want to have a family with you, who cares what anyone else think?" You responded with a large sniff as you rapidly blinked away your tears, the edges of your lips curling up into a tiny smile.

That race weekend may have been a tough one for yourself and Felipe, but whenever any rumours would be mentioned, all Felipe had to do to make you smile was remind you how much of an amazing mother you were going to be, you choosing to focus on thoughts of the future, rather than thoughts about the toxic rumours.