542 - Pierre Gasly

Requested by PamAndersonFan

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife Mandolin016 Garrixer_06 patka_1311 V8Fan4eva

542: "Wait, you're a racing driver?!"

Sitting beside a window in a random takeaway restaurant which was close to your home Grand Prix circuit of Paul Ricard that Sunday morning, your ten year old self moodily propped yourself up on your elbow as you let out an impatient groan of frustration whilst you watched the droplets of rain gushing down the glass. It may have been the day where you would be attending your home Grand Pric for the first time, but you were feeling restless because of how much the time was dragging on, you just wanting nothing more than to leave and to head to the circuit. Due to the dullness outside and the thick, black clouds in the sky as well as the rain, you could barely see a thing outside as you aimlessly stared out of the window, but all of that changed when your body jolted with fright at the sight of a blinding flash of lightning. You would normally turn away at the first sight of lightning, but this particular day was different because as it struck, you noticed that a boy who was around your age had stopped dead as he was walking by with his parents outside, the boy beaming at you, before he begged his parents to change their plans and come into the same restaurant as you. Moments later, you heard rushed footsteps growing closer to you, you turning your head in the opposite direction as you heard deep breathing to see that the same boy was standing beside your table, your eyes widening at the sight of him being in a pair of overalls and holding a helmet.

"Pierre, you don't just go walking up to random people-" the boy's mother began, stopping dead after chasing after him, before he cut her off and started talking for himself.

"Hi, I just wanted to come in here because I seen you in the window and you looked really sad and lonely," said Pierre sweetly, his words causing the edges of your lips to curl up into a small smile as your expression massively softened. "I'm hoping I can cheer you up because I feel the same since my race was cancelled. They said the lightning was too close to the track."

Due to how kind Pierre was being, you wanted to respond immediately at first, but at the sound of his last few words, you were rendered speechless as your mouth hung slightly agape with surprise, you being silent for a few moments as you were taking in what he had just said.

"That's really nice of you, but wait, you're a racing driver?!" You asked in amazement, your voice raising slightly due to your excitement that you were meeting someone who was involved with your favourite sport. "How can you be though? We're too young to drive, so how could you have been in a race?"

Pierre let out a few chuckles of amusement at first because he thought that it was obvious that he was talking about a karting race, before he looked at you guiltily because he worried that he would make you even more upset.

"I race in karts, so I'm not a racing driver yet, but I hope I will be someday," replied Pierre warmly, a broad smile spreading across his lips at the thought. "I'm sorry for laughing at you. I'm just used to being around people who race in karts too."

Yourself and Pierre then descended into a deep conversation about F1, both of you completely forgetting that your parents were with you, both sets of parents being in amazement about what was going on, the four of them looking between each other and smiling widely because of how yourself and Pierre were immediately getting on.

"It was nice to meet you, Pierre, but we've got to go now because we're going to the Grand Prix," your mother eventually kindly interrupted.

"We're going there too, so I'll see you soon, Y/N," replied Pierre cheerfully, both of you smiling broadly at the thought of seeing each other again.

As you went your separate ways, your parents doubted that this would ever happen, none of you having any idea that your seats would be beside each other. It was for this reason that yourself and Pierre considered it to be fate that you were now in a loving, long term relationship because after getting to know each other even more before the race it had started and after the chequered flag, you would go on to exchange numbers and see each other as much as possible, neither one of you having any idea that day that you had met your soulmate.