647 - Daniel Ricciardo

Requested by AnaOliveira003

Taglist
Garrixer_06 archivebooks miaweston424 jadnhossler925

647: The driver admits you're his celebrity crush in an interview.

Daniel may have had a terrible start to the season, but that didn't stop him looking forward to the Australian Grand Prix. This wasn't only because it was his home race weekend, but it was also because of his disbelief that you, a top Hollywood actress, had took him up on his offer to be McLaren's guest for the weekend. Due to how brief your interaction had been as the two of you had only exchanged a few messages on social media when he had contacted you about the race weekend on behalf of the team, Daniel was shaking slightly as he entered the paddock that morning, being undecided about whether he was more ecstatic or terrified to meet you in person for the first time due to how much he had always admired you.

Meanwhile, whilst Daniel was heading to the media pen, you were enjoying being able to explore the paddock, to be able to see all of the sights and hear all of the sounds which you had done every single race weekend ever since you were a little girl. It was after you had briefly explored all of the teams' areas, not wanting to linger for too long in case you got in anyone's way, that you decided to see if the drivers were making any interesting comments in their interviews. Being a lifelong McLaren fan, you naturally made your way over to Daniel, standing outside of the pen behind him as you listened to what he was saying.

"Considering our lack of pace, I really do appreciate the support of my home fans now more than ever-" you heard Daniel respond, the Australian being in the middle of answering a question which had been asked before you had arrived, Daniel trying his best not to loose his traditional energetic enthusiasm.

However, before he was about to continue with his response he noticed you coming into view in the corner of his eye as you got out of someone's way, Daniel suddenly freezing and his mouth hanging slightly agape with no words coming out.

"Uhm, so yeah. That's why this weekend isn't going to be all bad," Daniel continued awkwardly as his cheeks flushed scarlet.

"Are you sure there aren't other reasons?" The interviewer prompted with a small chuckle as she glanced in your direction. "Are you sure there isn't a certain actress who's brightening up your weekend? You only became all flustered when you noticed her."

"Y/N has always had that impact on me. That's nothing new and the thought of my favourite actress being here this weekend definitely makes it so much better," Daniel admitted warmly, causing your heart to flutter a lot more than you were expecting. "I mean, she's stunning, so I'm pretty sure I'm not the only guy with an enormous crush on her, so I don't stand a chance."

Once Daniel's modest words had left his lips, he clapped both of his hands tightly over his mouth since he didn't mean for those words to slip out, Daniel just wanted them to stay as mere thoughts. He wanted the ground to swallow him up because nearby divers and interviewers also fell silent, telling Daniel that they had also noticed what he had been saying.

"Look, can we just forget about that and continue talking about racing?" Daniel asked as professionally as he was able, his voice being soft as the words barely left his lips.

Daniel was relieved at first since there was nothing more which the interviewer wanted to ask him, but then once he turned around, his heart began to pound against his chest at the sight of you, Daniel having not expected to confront you because he expected that after what he had said, you would have ran a mile to get as far away from him as possible.

"Hi, Y/N," said Daniel awkwardly as he began to anxiously fiddle with his fingers, speaking up after there had been a few seconds of unbearable silence between you. "I-I'm so sorry. I'm surprised you want to be anywhere near me."

"Why would you think that?" You asked in surprise as you beckoned Daniel to come closer to you, there then only being the barrier of the media pen between you. "What you said actually made me want to be around you even more. It's not everyday my favourite F1 driver admits that I'm his celebrity crush. How about we put all this awkwardness behind us and get to know each other a bit before FP1 starts?"

Daniel felt a strong urge to pinch himself, never thinking that this would ever happen to him, but of course he calmly took you up on his offer. Over the next short while, yourself and Daniel realised that you had a lot in common, both of you discovering even more reasons why you had always liked each other so much, this continuing for the rest of the race weekend, which would then turn into the months and then years afterwards