614 - Lewis Hamilton

Requested by Naylay34

Taglist
patka_1311

614: "Everyone in the paddock is going to have one hell of a surprise when they learn that we got married in secret."

Letting out a sigh of contentment as your eyes began to gently flutter open, the edges of your lips curled up into a small smile as you realised that you had been woken up by the feeling of your new husband, Lewis' lips gently being pressed against your own. Realising that you were awake, Lewis lips parted from your own as he tightened his arm around your waist, trying, but failing to pull you a tiny bit closer to him as he gazed down at you in adoration.

"Morning, Mrs. Hamilton. You slept through the alarm," he said softly, causing your body to shoot upright as you realised that it was the Friday morning of the Bahrain Grand Prix and you would soon need to be ready and in the paddock.

Yourself and Lewis then overflowed with energy as you eagerly began to get ready. Once in the bathroom, you done your makeup at a steady pace, trying to get it done as quickly as you were able to get away with whilst still looking like your usual stunning self, but it was just as you had finished, that things started to slow down for you as you caught a glimpse of your wedding ring through the mirror hanging above the sink in front of you, you taking a deep breath as the sight reminded you that no one had any idea that yourself and Lewis got engaged, let alone got married.

"Everything alright?" Lewis asked from the doorway a few moments later, causing you to snap out of the brief trance that those sudden thoughts had caused you to enter.

"Of course it is, but everyone in the paddock is going to have one hell of a surprise when they learn that we got married in secret," you spoke up softly as you turned your back to the mirror, making your way over to Lewis and snaking your arms loosely around the back of his neck once you had reached him. "We didn't even know we were getting married ourselves before we made the sudden decision at the start of the month. I'm a bit worried because I know just how passionate some of your fans are and I can imagine that they'll be the furthest thing from thrilled about this."

Lewis' expression hardened slightly as he planted his hands firmly into your shoulders, but this was only because of how protective he was over you and how determined he was to never let anyone hurt you.

"There are always going to be people who have strong opinions about us being together, but none of them concern me in the slightest. They're not the important ones," Lewis replied comfortingly as you smiled broadly up at him, those words being exactly what you needed to hear. "I'm not going to allow anyone to ruin our first time in the paddock together as husband and wife. I'm going to make sure this is a day to remember for us both and for all of the right reasons."

Bringing your left hand up to his lips, Lewis pressed a firm kiss to your wedding ring, before his eyes lingered on it dreamily, it now being Lewis' turn to enter a deep daydream as he thought about how he should have put it on your finger so much sooner.

"Are you ready to go?" You asked with a small giggle, causing him to come crashing back down to Earth as you entwined your fingers whilst making your way out of the bathroom.

Your nerves couldn't help but build once more as Lewis was driving you to the paddock, part of you feeling as if it was a new experience, something you had never done before, rather than something which you had done on countless occasions, you having attended every single one of Lewis' races in the five years which you had been together.

Your heart began to race as you pulled into the paddock carpark far sooner than you would have liked, you feeling slightly nauseous at the thought of there being even more attention on you than usual as soon as you had gotten out of the car. The second yourself and Lewis began to walk down the paddock, a sudden silence seemed to ripple throughout it, everyone's eyes being glued to both of your left hand the second the first person had spotted that you were wearing wedding rings, that being the topic of everyone's conversations within a matter of seconds. You felt uncomfortable due to their hushed whispered, but Lewis minimised this as much as possible by frequently giving your hand a reassuring squeeze.

Before you knew it, the news of your marriage was all over the internet, some people being in so much disbelief on social media that they were convinced it was some sort of publicity stunt, but what yourself and Lewis were enjoying was getting the support of the Mercedes team members, many of them excitedly congratulating you both and telling you how they always knew this day was going to come and that yourself and Lewis were just meant to be together.

As FP1 was approaching after Lewis had been asked about your marriage countless times in the interviews he had to do beforehand, it seemed as if things were finally calming down and the focus was being brought back to how it was the first race weekend of the 2022 season, everyone eager to see the cars of the new era of F1 out on track for the first time. However, a lot of attention was brough straight back to yourself and Lewis when his words to you before he got into his car didn't go unnoticed.

"Keep this safe for me," he said affectionately, referring to his wedding ring as he slid it off his finger just before he was about to put his gloves on. "This is one thing which I won't allow to be damaged if I'm involved in an accident, so I need you to look after it for me. You're the perfect one, the only one for the job, Mrs. Hamilton."

Lewis pressed one last light peck to your lips, before he got into his helmet and balaclava, your heart melting as many team members around you let out 'awwwws'. You started to panic about how you were going to keep Lewis' ring safe because it was way too big to go on your own ring finger, but after deciding to try it on your index finger, you felt slightly more comfortable as you held it tightly into position. As you watched Lewis out on track, you couldn't help yourself but feel a sense of pride, not only because of the mega laps which he was putting in, but also because of how pleased you were that his previous sweet words proved to those around you just how strong your love is.