647 - Max Verstappen

Requested by auguriaep

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife Garrixer_06 luminousmoonlight lbushey madmaxstan

647: The driver admits you're his celebrity crush during an interview.

You may have now been invited into the paddock by Red Bull many times now since you were one of their Esports drivers, but rather than it becoming less exciting because you were getting used to it, being in the F1 paddock became even more special each and every time. An activity which had quickly become your favourite during a race weekend before the on track action had even began was to hang around the media pen on Friday morning, you loving how you got to listen to the drivers' interviews live before anyone else would get that opportunity. At first, you had taken a liking to listening to Mercedes' interviews, giving your team any information which they had spilled which could potentially be useful to them. However, lately, you had noticed that you had been gravitating towards listening to your own team's interviews, particularly, Max's as you were unable to deny that there was something between you because of the amount of time which you would spend together every weekend.

During this particular interview which you were listening to, you were standing behind Max in the media pen as you had on many occasions before, but it was because of this, that you weren't fully focused on the interview because the same questions were being repeated. you just focusing on the sound of Max's voice at first, but that was only until one particular question ripped you out of the deep trance which you had gone into.

"Now that we've got all of the racing related questions out of the way, I can't help but want to ask a very personal question, one which many fans have been wondering," the interviewer began with intrigue. "As you will be well aware of, there are many women who would consider you to be their celebrity crush, but what we're all wondering is, do celebrities have celebrity crushes? For many, you're that guy who they want, but will never be able to have, so we're all wondering, do you have someone like that, a celebrity who you know you'll only ever be with in your fantasies?"

Max let out a few chuckles of amusement at first because of how he had never been asked a question like that before, nor had he ever expected to be asked that, but after a few moments, his cheeks flushed scarlet as your heart started to race, Max knowing that his celebrity crush was likely to see his interview, and you feeling sick to your stomach at the thought of finding out who Max was crushing on because you were certain that it would never be you.

"Well, now that you mention it, I do actually, but I'm not going to say who she is because she's a huge F1 fan and loves to listen to the interviews," Max began with slight awkwardness, almost letting out a sigh of relief because he felt mortified at the thought of revealing he was crushing on someone who he was certain wouldn't feel the same way. "I'm sure everyone would understand why I want to keep my feelings for Y/N secre-"

Max suddenly clapped both of his hands tightly over his mouth at the realisation of what he had let slip, Max only intending to say those words to himself. Once he had removed his hands, his lips were quivering, as if he wanted to speak, but was unable to find the words. You may have been shocked because he was acting nothing like his usual calm self, but you were beaming at the sound of his words because they were ones which you never expected to leave his lips.

"Max, you might want to look behind you," the interviewer spoke up enthusiastically as she looked right at you, it being obvious to her that you shared his feelings.

Max quickly whipped his head around over his shoulders, all of the colour draining from his cheeks at the sight of you as his mouth hung slightly agape with surprise. Due to his embarrassment, he didn't comprehend your enormous smile yet, Max rushing over to you, before he began to repeatedly apologise since he knew you would have heard what he had said.

"You have no idea how sorry I am, Y/N. I would have been so much more careful if I would have known that you'd be here this weekend," he added, rushing his words as he looked down to the ground, being unable to bare the thought of looking at any part of you, let alone into your eyes.

"What have you got to apologise for, Max?" You asked warmly, wrapping an arm around his shoulders as you lead him away from the cameras so you would be able to have your privacy. "I'm smiling so much to the point where my cheeks are sore, so doesn't that tell you that I feel the same? Besides, I know it wasn't intentional, but that's the sweetest thing anyone's ever done for me, admitted their feelings during an interview which thousands of people are going to be watching."

Before responding, Max took your hand in his as he rushed you towards his motorhome, Max wanting you to have complete privacy before he was going to talk because he knew that there would be some people listening to your conversation somewhere.

"I certainly didn't expect us to find out that we have feelings for each other today, but now that we know, let me just say that how could I not be falling for you, Y/N? You know how much I love gaming, you know how entertaining I find your streams. I love how we have the same passions and hobbies, but most importantly, I love your amazing personality. I love how kind and caring you are and because of all of these reasons I can't wait to ask you this any longer. I know I should have plucked up the courage to ask you this a long time ago, but will you finally be my girlfriend?"

Your first instinct was to fling your arms tightly around Max's neck, making your response clear to him before any words had left your lips. The broadest smile which you had ever seen was spread across Max's lips as you held him at arms length, it being then when you decided to respond verbally.

"Of course I will!" You replied with joy, both yourself and Max then descending into silence as you took in everything which had happened, both of you thinking that this moment could never possibly become a reality.

Due to how euphoric you were feeling, yourself and Max didn't hesitate to make your way back out into the paddock, Max taking his hand in yours once more, but this time a lot more affectionately as he entwined your fingers. When his interviews resumed, your relationship dominated the topic of the questions, Max proudly admitting that you were together because of how much he wanted to share his rapidly growing feelings with the world.