546 - Mick Schumacher

Requested by Scotlynaurora

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife LaaSports Formula_forever drugo_babe luminousmoonlight TheOnlyL1

546: "You may be a younger guy, but you're the most caring, mature guy I've ever been with."

Chilling in your living room with your boyfriend of six months, Mick, you let out a nervous deep breath after coming off the phone with your sister because she had faced you with a dilemma. You may have wanted to continue spending time with Mick, but you had just agreed to take care of your four year old niece for a few hours whilst her parents were out. Part of you wanted to ask him if he'd like to come and meet her, but the majority of you wanted to go on your own because as much as you knew that Mick was sensible for his age, you feared that he wouldn't have a clue what to do when looking after a child.

"So, we're going to be looking after your niece for a few hours then?" Mick enthusiastically spoke up, ripping you out of your deep thoughts.

You looked at him in surprise because you didn't expect that he would have heard your conversation, but the way his eyes lit up at the thought of meeting another one of your family members caused you to make your decision, you putting all of your trust in Mick because you knew he would never let you down.

"Do you really not mind?" You asked guiltily, the edges of your lips curling up into a small smile. "I know we wanted to spend some quality time together, but I love my niece like she's my own, so I couldn't turn this down."

"Of course I don't mind. I can't wait to meet her!" Replied Mick cheerfully as he rushed off the sofa to grab his coat from in the hallway.

On the way to your sisters, Mick was curiously asking about your niece, being desperate to know if she was as obsessed about F1 as yourself and the rest of your family were.

"You should have seen her little face when I told her that my boyfriend is an F1 driver," you said with a chuckle of amusement. "Ever since that day, she won't stop asking to meet you, especially because you've always been one of her favourites."

After having previously met Mick, your sister greeted him warmly once the two of you had arrived, before she lead you through to the living room, where your niece was sitting on the sofa, engrossed in her iPad. A broad smile spread across Mick's lips as he could hear the faint roar of F1 engines, your niece watching some race highlights from last season at a very low volume.

"Hey, love, I've brought someone here to see you," you said affectionately from the living room doorway.

Your niece reluctantly paused the YouTube vide, before she looked up in your direction, but once she spotted that Mick was beside you, she rushed over to her feet, flinging her arms tightly around him once she had reached him.

"Mick!" She exclaimed warmly, the two of them embracing fondly as if they had known each other for a long while.

Once her parents had headed out, you felt largely useless because your niece was giving all of her attention to Mick, the two of them descending into a deep conversation about F1 as well as watching videos about it.

"Can you tell me about the new rules?" She asked him hopefully after they had watched some more race highlights. "I was watching someone talking about them, but I don't really understand much."

Mick then gladly explained the new 2022 regulations to your niece as simply as he was able, your niece hanging onto his every word. By the time her parents were returning, you could tell that herself and Mick had already bonded well, both of them looking forward to their next time seeing each other.

"You want to be a racing driver?" Mick asked her with approval as the two of you were getting ready to leave. "I'll have to take you karting sometime and don't worry, your dream will come true if I've got anything to do with it."

Your niece beamed at Mick at the sound of those words once she had revealed to him that she dreamed of becoming the first female driver in F1 and it was his promise to take her karting that made her want to see him again even more.

"Did you really mean what you said to her?" You asked Mick with surprise as the two of you were getting into your car.

"Of course I did. I wouldn't give her false hope," replied Mick warmly, the smile which had appeared across his lips from spending time with your niece still being visible. "She's such a lovely kid and who knows, one day she may be my family, so it's the least I could do for her."

"Uncle Mick?" You chuckled with amusement, before you beamed at him as your heart melted.

"I like that," replied Mick sweetly.

Those words replayed in your mind for the rest of your journey home, you thinking about them as you descended into a blissful silence. As you did, Mick rested one of his hands on top of yours on the gearstick, making both of your smiles have no chance of narrowing.

"You may be a younger guy, but you're the most caring, mature guy I've ever been with," you spoke up lovingly as you were parking in front of your home. "I loved the way you were with her today and I knew this already, but you reminded me that I'm not with a little boy, I'm with a real man."