177,184 - Mick Schumacher

Requested by Formula_forever

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife LaaSports Formula_forever drugo_babe luminousmoonlight TheOnlyL1

Disclaimer
This was written before the start of the 2022 season

177: "We may be fighting for the same racing seat, but you've already won my heart."

184: I'm in a very love-hate relationship with you."

Throughout the season, yourself and not only your teammate, but also your boyfriend, Mick may have been at the back of the grid and only battling with each other, but that battle was a very intense one, the two of you coming close to making contact several times. Fighting for points may have been a rarity for you both, but the ferocity of your battle was because of how you were both fighting for the Ferrari seat which would be left vacant at the end of the season. The competitiveness between you would increase with each and every passing race weekend because you knew that Ferrari were bound to make the decision soon, making the atmosphere between yourself and Mick often unbearable during race weekends.

On this particular race weekend, the two of you were spending some time scrolling through social media as you were waiting for the start of qualifying to begin. You were sitting on opposite ends on your sofa in your motorhome and not a single word had been spoken between you, that was until Mick couldn't help but notice that you were becoming fidgety as you were starting to take deep breaths whilst reading the posts on your timeline.

"Do you maybe think you should come off social media?" Mick asked you cautiously as he shuffled towards you, wrapping an arm comfortingly around your shoulders once he had reached you. "Whatever you're looking at is clearly upsetting you."

"It's stupid that I'm letting it upset me to be honest. I shouldn't care about these posts I'm reading," you replied softly with shame, your cheeks turning crimson because you were convinced that Mick would think you were an idiot once he found out what was bothering you.

"Don't be embarrassed to tell me whatever's bothering you. You know you can tell me anything," replied Mick warmly as you switched your phone off as he tried to have a peek. "Whatever it is, I might be able to help you and you might just even feel better for getting it off your chest."

You took a shaky deep breath as you reluctantly entered your password to switch your phone back on. As you did, Mick's fingertips drew soothing circles onto your shoulder, which caused the edges of your lips to curl up into a small smile because the previous tenseness between you was lifting.

"I know I should just ignore posts like this, but it gets to me that so many people are convinced that our relationship isn't going to last because of this rivalry." you eventually spoke up, lowering your head with shame.

But once you had, Mick cupped your cheeks, smiling broadly at you as he helped you to lift your head up in order for him to be able to meet your eyes.

"We may be fighting for the same racing seat, but you've already won my heart," said Mick affectionately, causing your heart to melt, especially because you had never heard so much love in someone's voice. "I'm not just going to suddenly stop loving you because of what happens on track. Of course I'll be gutted if I don't get the seat, but at the same time I'll still be so excited because of how proud of you I would be."

You let out a small sigh of relief because those words were just what you needed to hear, but once you had, your heart sunk once again. You believed every single word which left Mick's lips, but when you reminded yourself about how things were often tense between you, you didn't know whether he would still mean what he had just said come the last race weekend of the season.

"I believe everything you've just said, but I'm in a very love-hate relationship with you and I don't want that to continue," you replied with seriousness as you were finally able to meet Mick's eyes. "I know things go back to normal when we get home, but I'm sick of us often wanting to be nowhere near each other in the paddock. I can't help but worry that if this continues, things soon won't go back to normal after the race weekend."

Mick nodded in agreement as he looked at you guiltily, taking both of your hands in his as he made firm eye contact with you.

"I hate how we avoid each other too, but for me, that only happens because I want to distract myself from you. When I'm around you I'm constantly thinking about you and I can't be doing that when I need to be focusing on work," Mick explained apologetically. "That's why I try not to so much as look at you unless we're in the garage or in a debrief. It's not because I have any negative feelings towards you."

You felt so much better knowing that, a broad smile spreading across your lips because you had gotten all of the reassurance which you needed. Your mood was further lifted when you were leaving your motorhome because as you were making your way over to your garage, Mick took your hand in his, entwining your fingers, which was something which he hadn't done in a while, your heart skipping a beat a short while later as he even pressed a delicate peck to your cheek before wishing you luck as you were about to get into your helmet and balaclava.