150 - Alexander Albon

Requested by Formula_forever

Taglist
Sargeants_Wife Garrixer_06

Disclaimer
This was written before I've got any idea of what today's testing results are.

150: "Welcome home, you've always belonged in the Formula world."

Being a strategist at Williams, it may have been expected that you would be eagerly anticipating the start of the season due to the new regulations, giving your team an opportunity to move further up the grid. However, as much as you were looking forward to this, you were much more looking forward to seeing your new driver, Alex. The two of you had gotten close whilst you had both been at Red Bull, it seeming like it would be inevitable that something would happen between you, and even though you may have barely spoken over the past year whilst he was out of F1, you were hoping that since you were coincidentally with the same team once again, you would be able to reignite that spark between you.

Your feelings hadn't faded in the slightest over the past year and it was because of this, that all you had ben able to think about that Wednesday morning before arriving into the paddock for testing was Alex. You were lost in a trance thinking about him as you were entering the Williams area of the paddock, but this was only until you suddenly felt a pair of strong arms wrapping tightly around you, someone pulling you into their chest. Moments later, you beamed at Alex as he held you at arms length, it feeling as if the two of you had spent no time apart.

"Y/N! I ran over as soon as I had spotted you," said Alex enthusiastically, his hands lingering on your arms for a long while, before he finally let go once those words lad left his lips. "You've got no idea how much I've been looking forward to seeing you."

"You've got no idea how much I've been looking forward to you returning," you replied softly in an attempt to contain the excitement in your voice, before you couldn't help yourself from wrapping your arms around the back of his neck once more. "Welcome home, you've always belonged in the Formula world. You never should have had to leave."

Yourself and Alex instinctively wrapped your arms around each other as you took a stroll down the paddock together, the two of you descending into a deep conversation with no awkwardness whatsoever, it feeling as though you had been together every day for the past year rather than apart. During your conversation, you felt yourself becoming giddy and giggly and it was once you had noticed this, that your cheeks had flushed scarlet because you were certain that Alex would have moved on and that there was no way he would continue to have the strong feelings which you did.

"Oh, for god's sake, The team will be expecting me in the garage," Alex suddenly spoke up with worry, checking the time on his watch amidst your conversation. "But this conversation isn't over though. We'll have to continue after the morning session, go out to get some lunch maybe?"

"I'd love that," you replied warmly, before you dreamily watched Alex dashing off ahead of you in the distance. Once you had arrived back to the garage slightly later, you fond your eyes being fixated to Alex as he was getting ready to get into his car and once he was out on track, you continued to watch him, your eyes never leaving his name. During this time, you weren't as focused on your own job as you would have liked to be because your nerves increased at the thought of Alex finding out how you still felt about him, but it was once he had returned after having a great session, that you couldn't keep things hidden for any longer.

"That was an amazing session! I'm so proud of you!" You exclaimed joyfully,wrapping him up in a warm embrace the second he had gotten out of the car.

As Alex returned the embrace, you felt yourself melting into him, it taking a few minutes before you realised just how long it was lingering on for.

"Can I ask you something?" Asked Alex hesitantly a few moments later as he pulled you to the side of the garage. "I'm so sorry if I've got the wrong impression here, but how do you feel about me, Y/N? In terms of physical touch, we're exactly how we used to be and I can't help but feel that you still something being able to happen between us."

Your heart began to race at the sound of those words. You were just about to rapidly apologise to Alex and reassure him that you would keep your feelings under control, but before you were able to, your heart flittered as Alex's lips gently landed on your own.

"Because I certainly do," he added lovingly once he had pulled away, your lips still being millimetres apart as you leant your foreheads together.

"I do too. What do you say we make this lunch thing a date?" You suggested hopefully, causing Alex to briefly smile broadly before being unable to agree quickly enough.

You may not have ended that day with a boyfriend, but what did happen went better than what you were expecting, yourself and Alex eagerly anticipating more dates and both of you being secretly optimistic that it wouldn't be much longer before you would finally become official.