324 - Lance Stroll

Requested by drugo_babe

Taglist
luminousmoonlight Mandolin016 madmaxstan jadnhossler925

Disclaimer
This was written before the 2022 Australian Grand Prix

324: "You got me a puppy?!"

On the flight home from Australia, you couldn't help but notice the broad smile which was spread across your boyfriend, Lance's lips as you turned your head slightly to the side an glanced ar him. This may have been a sight which lifted your own spirits, but that didn't stop you from raising your eyebrows in confusion because of how he was suddenly a lot more cheerful than normal and for seemingly no reason.

"What's that huge smile for?" You asked warmly as you rested your arm on your armrest, entwining your fingers with Lance's as you did. "Don't get me wrong, I love to see it, but why are you so happy, especially since you didn't have the best race yesterday?"

"Not even that could spoil my mood because let's just say, I've got a surprise waiting for you at home," replied Lance with enthusiasm, his smile not fading in the slightest, which caused your own excitement to build.

The flight may have been feeling like it was lasting for an eternity for Lance, but the same could then be said for you as you were anticipating your surprise, you spending your time trying to find out what it could possibly be. On many occasions, you would beg Lance to give you a clue, but no matter how much affection you were showing him, such as pressing gentle pecks to his lips and resting your head in the crook of his neck, he just wouldn't give into you.

It may have left like a lot longer than it was in reality, but before you knew it, you were finally arriving back to your masnion in Montreal, Lance almost sprinting towards the doors as he dragged his cases behind him. As you ascended the stone steps to the double front doors, you still had no idea what your surprise could possibly be, but it was when Lance had thrown them open, that you were sure you heard a faint bark in the distance, you not thinking anything of it at first because you knew that some of the neighbouring mansions had dog owners living there.

"So, are you going to tell me what this surprise is?" You asked Lanxce, turning to face him and impatiently crossing your arms.

"Even beter, I can show you," responded Lance affectionately, before he gestured behind you, causing you to turn around.

Once you had, you clapped both of your hands tightly over your slightly gaping mouth at the sight of one of your staff members making her way down the mains staircase with a small dog in her arms. Your pupils dilated at this sight because they were the most beautiufl thing which you had ever seen, their fur being golden and neat.

"You got me a puppy?!" You asked with amazement, flinging your arms tightly around Lance's neck, before you squeezed him tightly. "But whenever I'd ask you'd say no because of how much we're away. What changed your mind?"

"It was difficult for me to keep seeing how disappointed I'd make you and the more I'd think about it, the more I'd realise that we've got staff here to take care of her when we're away," replied Lance lovingly, but you barely listening to his words as you slowly approahed the staff member so you wouldn't scare your dog.

Once you were standing in front of the staff member, she placed the dog gently into your arms, your heart melting as she wagged her tail, which was repeatedly tapping against your body. You let out a few giggles as she ticklishly licked your face and as she did, Lance couldn't resist pulling his phone out of his pocket and taking a photo because of how adorale you looked together.

Yourself and Lance spent the rest of the day bonding with your dog, the three of you snugling up together on the sofa in one of your living rooms. She seemed to accept you both as her human parents right from the very start, the love between the three of you coming instantly and yourself and Lance soon beginning to be unable to imagine your lives without her and it feeling as if your little family was complete, or for the time being at least.